Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Slide movement

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide movement

have owned 6 5th wheel camper s never seen slide shake rattel & roll like this reflection 29rs this normal or buying it on fri 13th have anything to do with it

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Danny - Just need a little more clarification to help understand.

1. Is it the kitchen slide, dinette/theater seating slide, or the bedroom slide?
    2. Is it moving while retracted or extended?
    3. Are you feeling movement while someone is walking in the trailer? Or at random times?

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new Momentum the kitchen slide wiggles pretty good while being slid. Once it's out/in it's solid. But I agree with you that the first time you notice this it's a bit disconcerting.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SORRY FOR CONFUSION WHEN I PUT KITCHEN SLIDE in i notice all the strang movement never noticed on other trailers i have owned i havent camped in it yet hope its ok other than that we love the reflection lay out that why we traded our 2016 trailer in thanks for replys

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get some slide out seal conditioner. This may help make the slides move more smoothly when moving them in and out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danny d View Post
    have owned 6 5th wheel camper s never seen slide shake rattel & roll like this reflection 29rs this normal or buying it on fri 13th have anything to do with it
    We have a 33' grand design rear living model and our slide that holds the kitchen TV and fireplace rocks out about 3' from the top when we go around turns to the right. It is quite unnerving since we live about 10 miles up a windy mountain road that is barely wide enough for the trailer to fit on in the 1st place but when it rocks out it's hanging over the oncoming lanes. Grand design has no fix for this problem. They suggested putting a board on the top of the slide inside when it is in to stop it from rocking out. But I cannot find a place that looks solid enough to hold the slide in. all it has is molding on the slide part and the regular thin wall board on the outside wall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We have a 33' grand design rear living model and our slide that holds the kitchen TV and fireplace rocks out about 3' from the top when we go around turns to the right. It is quite unnerving since we live about 10 miles up a windy mountain road that is barely wide enough for the trailer to fit on in the 1st place but when it rocks out it's hanging over the oncoming lanes. Grand design has no fix for this problem. They suggested putting a board on the top of the slide inside when it is in to stop it from rocking out. But I cannot find a place that looks solid enough to hold the slide in. all it has is molding on the slide part and the regular thin wall board on the outside wall.

The slide rocking out in a turn has been discussed on this forum . . . and resolved by GDRV. (Try the search tool in the upper right corner on key words related to this) "Grand Design has no fix for this problem" sounds like the perspective of a dealer who has not bothered to contact the factory. Have you contacted GDRV directly with this concern ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The slide rocking out in a turn has been discussed on this forum . . . and resolved by GDRV. (Try the search tool in the upper right corner on key words related to this) "Grand Design has no fix for this problem" sounds like the perspective of a dealer who has not bothered to contact the factory. Have you contacted GDRV directly with this concern ?

Rob
    That answer was from the factory in the Midwest, I think I called Ohio.
    I've looked in the search engine and I cannot seem to find anything related to the slide tipping out while moving. Everything I saw was related to the slide moving in-and-out while your setting up or breaking down camp.
    If you've seen someone that I can message or refer to, to get hold of, let me know I would appreciate it very much
    Matt J