Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRAND New 311BHS Slide Ripped Floor 😤

So we've had our new 311 for less than 2 months now. Last trip our the back slide out ripped a good size hole in the flooring. This was no fault of us, something broke and dug into the linoleum. Literally everytime the slide comes in it gets worse! The unit is at the dealership now and is going to need a floor replacement. The dealership is doing all they can, but I'm being told it's waiting for parts and warranty to be approved by Grand Design. Basically there is no way to fix it, the floor has to be cut out, and patched in. It will not be 100% original due to using transition strips and shoe moulding. What's the typical turn around? It's pretty dissapointing because it's BRAND NEW and we can't use it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a Schwintek side out ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while it was not something that broke in mine, I had 2 separate occasions of small stones getting under the slides and tearing the floor, both in the first year of ownership. The floor was repaired, and only I can tell where the damage was. The flooring is not as robust as it should be, but it is fairly easy to repair.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not a Schwintek. I have read about small rocks and other things getting stuck under the carpet, and I check everytime as part of my "pack up" routine.

This was a screw that was put in at the factory going through he plastic corner trim underneath. The screw caused the plastic to break and the floor has a huge rip/gash in it. It is too bad to be "repaired" by a vinyl flooring person . The whole floor in the back has to be replaced. Since the floor on these units is put down before the walls are set, it has to be a patchjob.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nmwhitis - I'm really sorry to hear about this. I've read of others having tears and snags in the past and the patch jobs were undetectable if a good flooring person did the repairs. If your repairs aren't up to par, you may have to schedule repairs at the GDRV Service center. Since you're already in Indiana, that should be pretty easy to do. If you think you need to escalate this to senior GDRV management send me a private message and I'll provide you with some contact information.

Jim