User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 303 has landed

Our new ordered 303 is now at home. We picked it up today. After about a 4 hour PDI we stroked them a check and we were off. Even after the PDI they helped me set up our Reese Elite Ariborne sidewinder. Their hitch guy was on vacation this week so the Service Manager and one of the techs and myself got the job done. Then I put on our tire monitors and we were on the way home. Weighed the truck on the way up and on the way home with no water in the fresh water tanks.

Our weights were empty truck:

Front:5080#
    Rear:3900#

Total:8980#

With trailer on the way home

Front:5080# ( was strange to see the same weight empty and loaded)
    Rear:5920
    Trailer:8120

Total:19120#

Was not able to get left and right side on the trailer at this time.

This leaves almost CCC of 2000#. I think we can work with this, I guess I'll have to as that is what our GVWR will allow.

It has Dexter axles, I was reading on these and from what I gathered that the axles in the 4100, 5200 and the 6000# are all the same axles bearings and the only difference between all 3 is the springs. So I'm thinking about doing the same as some of the other here and gong to 5 leaf 3000# springs. I know from the factory weights provided that the left side is a little over 600# heavier than the right. It weighs a little more than previous 303 because of the 12 cu ft mandatory fridge. We also installed our Furrion camera on the back and it worked great. The power for the camera was wired to our marker lights. I was glad to see this so I didn't have to come home and put a switch in like a lot of others have.

The PDI went very well and there were only a couple of very small items. The dealers tech seem to do a good job of preping it and it was clean also. There was no signs of sawdust anywhere on the floor. Even after driving home I was expecting to see some and even then I didn't see any. One of the best PDIs that I have been through.

At this time very happy with the rig and hoping for it t continue.
    Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 Red and Black Ram Rebel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Butch. Enjoy!
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. What dealer did you buy it from?
    Seems like you had a good experience with them.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Congrats Butch. Enjoy!
    Thanks,

I didn't forget to ask them about the slideout toppers for you. They use a mount that raises the topper a little higher but other than that it is a standard mount with a standard topper. The topper has to be moved further to the back of the slide and it is just even with the front of the slide. There is not much room for it to fit between the slideout side and awning arm. It the trailer is in its parking spot right now and it is kind of tight against my shop. I have enough room to put the slideout out with about 9" before it would hit my eaves on the shop. My wife is in the process of adding the drawer and shelf foam shelfing material that keeps things from sliding.

I'll try to get a picture of it for you either now if I can make it or after I pull it out.

First thing this morning is to install the toilet paper holder where you installed your holder.

While I'm typing now do you have to have someplace to host your pictures or can you post them on here. I used to use Photobucket but now that they don't allow any 3rd party posting of them I need to find a new place to out them.
    Butch

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    Congratulations. What dealer did you buy it from?
    Seems like you had a good experience with them.

We purchased our unit from Coachlight RV in Carthage, MO. Our salesman was Dave Roe.

The total purchase and PDI was the best that I have had. The PDI was not rushed at all, if you had a question he stopped and answered it for you. They did some extra things to help me out after we had done the PDI and signed the papers. We have bought many RVs and I have to say from start to the finish it has been one of the most pleasant ones we have had and my wife agreed.
    Butch

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you had a good PDI experience. I'm very jealous.
    So is your dry weight 10,140 lbs before water and gear? Is that what I'm seeing?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is my dry weight sort of because it is including 2 30# propane tanks that are full. So not a really true dry weight but close to it. The actually sticker on the side says that there is 2025# of CCC. I had the dealer install slide toppers on all the slideouts so there was some of of my capacity used up. But with just the 2 of us we don't pack heavy. In fact the 12 cu ft fridge in our last rig was hardly ever 1/2 full. This is why I wish we could still had the 8 cu ft as we don't need this big. We carry a Dometic CFX-35US which is a 12VDC comperssor type portable fridge/freezer that will go to a -8.

We carry the Dometic 12V in the truck so there is no extra weight in the trailer and we use it for drinks and to pre cool any food before it goes into the trailer fridge. I carry a grp 31 AGM in the bed of the truck just for the cooler that is in the back seat area. Then when we drive I have it hooked up that the battery charges at the same time the trailer batteries are charging.
    Butch

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

I hope I attached the files correctly for you to see. The first ones show the topper over the dinette and you can see the brackets are a little taller and hold the topper up higher the the last ones. You can also see how they had to move the slide topper back so it would work with the awning.

I'm giving it a try now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0113.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	10182

Name:	IMG_0115.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	10183

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	10184

Name:	IMG_0118.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	10185

Name:	IMG_0119.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	10186

As you can see from the last post that the slide topper attaches to the side wall where the one over the dinette attaches to the edge of the slideout. I'm hopping that this doesn't put any more pressure on this area. I asked and they told me they have done this on many other brands also.

So anyway here you go.

ON EDIT: I looked again and the slide topper does fasten on the side of the wall that I thought mounted on the slide edge. So there is no problem with stress on the slide.
    Butch

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raybbj View Post
    Glad you had a good PDI experience. I'm very jealous.
    So is your dry weight 10,140 lbs before water and gear? Is that what I'm seeing?
    Butch - How does the weight data sheet supplied by GDRV compare to your measured weights ? Over 10,000 lbs seems heavy for an essentially empty 303RLS.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

The weight slip from the factory shows weight of 9850#. Then the dealer installed 3 slide toppers and I had them install my Reese Elite Airbourne Sidewinder pin box which weighs in about 170# considerably more than the stock pin box. It also has 15 gallons of propane which will add 63# of weight. The weight sure seems to add up quickly.

From the weight slip I show a rear axle weight went up by 180# to the scale weight of 2020# from the factory of 1840#

Butch

Butch
    Butch

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast