Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator in 2018 350M

Purchased our 350M in August. On our second refrigerator and it's not working either. It's a Norcold 18 cubic ft. Curious if anyone else is having problems with theirs.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does not work on gas or electric? does the LCD screen light up at all?
    Glenn and Paula Butler
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2012 Chevy 3500 Dually
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works the same on gas and electric. Temp is in unsafe range. LCD does light up.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    RM6449. There is a common failure on this refrigerator. Open the right door (only), and see if the flap on the left door has closed. Physically grap the metal flap and see if you can pull it closed. If it's not closing automatically,, the right door is not sealing correctly and the cold air is just dumping on the ground.

Let me know what you've found and I'll tell you how you can fix it if it's the flap.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Norcold model 2118 has a difficult time maintaining a proper inside temperature because it appears the chimney on the back of the refrigerator is unsuccessfully trying to exit the heat build up out of the top refer vent on our slideout. Normally these refrigerators are installed so the refer heat vents directly up through a roof vent rather than take a 90' bend and exit out the top sidewall vent. I attached 2 fans secured to the top plastic refer vent with wire ties which draws the hot air from the back of the refrigerator and exhausts it out the top side vent. I also added a fan on the bottom shelf directly behind the rear of the refrigerator as seen from the exterior refer vent. This draws fresh outside air in to the bottom of the refer cabinet and I also added a fan midway up the refer chimney to assist with the upward draw of the hot air from the refrigerator coils. Lastly I added a 5 fan rack across the fins inside the refrigerator which circulates the air and prevents warm spots. If you are unable to leave your hand on the back of the refer coils because of excessive heat build up, by reaching up inside the lower exterior vent and touching the coils, then this excessive heat build up is preventing the refrigerator from cooling efficiently and this excessive heat must be exhausted.
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RM6449 View Post
    Purchased our 350M in August. On our second refrigerator and it's not working either. It's a Norcold 18 cubic ft. Curious if anyone else is having problems with theirs.
    Not working, or not working particularly well? In my opinion, none of them work particularly well in hot temps or direct sun.

As another poster indicated, a big part of poor cooling is exhausting the hot air out the top vent... In addition to flappers not closing, poor seal on doors etc.

Add this fan setup to the top vent and you will dramatically improve the cooling.

Very easy install....no custom work other than tapping into 12 volt power. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220126-091501.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	38712

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DECelt; 01-26-2022 at 07:21 AM.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel