Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

376 inverter/inverter upgrade

I have looked at the 376 in person a couple of times, but it has been several months ago now. At the time I was not looking at the fine details.

I am looking at putting in a Magnum Energy MSH3012 hybrid inverter. This is a fairly larger unit compared to most I have seen, 13.75” x 12.65” x 8.0”. Does anyone know what inverter already comes in the 376, where it is located and how it is wired?

Where is the main breaker panel located? How accessible is it to be able to wire in a sub panel for the inverter?
    2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, crew cab.
    Millennium, 36' triple axel, gooseneck.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is room behind the wall in the forward basement (where your converter, plumbing, etc. is currenty mounted) and where I had me electrical management system installed, for an inverter.

The breaker panel in my 2017 376TH is just inside the entry door, in the cabinet just past the living room steps, the bottom cabinet.

You might be interested in a thread that I started awhile back, about full timing in our 376TH. I've had a few major modifications (DISH installation, tire upgrade, disc brake conversion, ceramic window film, etc.). It's up to 15 pages now, but might answer some questions for you or bring up some things that you haven't thought about yet.....click on this link.....

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...Momentum-376TH
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI, there is no inverter in the Momentums.

Only inverters from the factory would be in the Solitude models that have the residential refers.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Just an FYI, there is no inverter in the Momentums.

Only inverters from the factory would be in the Solitude models that have the residential refers.
    My mistake....I assumed she knew that the 376TH doesn't have an inverter. But I have read about those that add an inverter and that's why I was saying there is room for one behind the wall in the forward basement.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I guess I have looked at so many different units that I guess I did not realize the Momentums did not have a factory inverter.

How in 2017, does a unit that is a "toy hauler" set up to boondock not have an inverter in it? I guess without a battery bank to support it then it is a loosing prospect, but still. Well in a way that makes it easier to wire in a sub panel and inverter, as you can do exactly what you want the first time and don't have to mess with what was "pre-wired".
    2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, crew cab.
    Millennium, 36' triple axel, gooseneck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What brand/size inverter did you install? Is it an inverter charger or just an inverter and you kept your stock converter? How many batteries do you have and how many amp/hours are they rated for? Do you have lead acid batteries, or Lithium? I'm researching my options now, I'd really like to do this upgrade. I'd mainly like to be able to the power the tv, cable box, charge phones, ipads and occassionally run the microwave.
    2017 349M
    2017 F350 SuperCab 6.7L Powerstroke
    Airlift 7000 with remote compressor
    Anderson Ultimate 2 hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwcid View Post
    How in 2017, does a unit that is a "toy hauler" set up to boondock not have an inverter in it? I guess without a battery bank to support it then it is a loosing prospect, but still. Well in a way that makes it easier to wire in a sub panel and inverter, as you can do exactly what you want the first time and don't have to mess with what was "pre-wired".
    I think because a lot more people are doing more things with Toy Haulers than just going to the dunes to go riding. Some folks never go off the grid in them now. So why have the added expense if it's not needed?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Converters are used when boondocking (not plugged in) the convert the 12V power that you have to 120v. That's why toy haulers have converters...often they're not plugged in and running strictly off the batteries.

Inverters are used for when you're plugged in and invert the 120v shore power to 12v to keep your 12 v system working and your batteries charged.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Converters are used when boondocking (not plugged in) the convert the 12V power that you have to 120v. That's why toy haulers have converters...often they're not plugged in and running strictly off the batteries.

Inverters are used for when you're plugged in and invert the 120v shore power to 12v to keep your 12 v system working and your batteries charged.
    I think you’re backwards there.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    I think you’re backwards there.
    Agreed.

Inverter = 12VDC to 110VAC
    Converter = 110VAC to 12VDC (charges batteries and powers 12VDC items such as lights when plugged in)

Our Momentum didn't come with an Inverter. I installed one after the fact. About the only time you find them factory installed is when the unit comes with a residential refer from the factory. I think more toy haulers come with generators than with inverters.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast