Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's in a name?

Some might think this ridiculous, but I'm curious. How many of you have names for your RV? Throughout the years, we've had names for a few of our vehicles (some we chose, and others were given to us). I'm searching for something unique myself. How do you refer to your rig?
    Doyle & Joy - Houston, TX
    2014 Solitude 369RL #652 - 'The Big Easy'

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: What's in a name?

Welcome to the forum Joy and Doyle!

My sister and brother-n-law have a Cougar 5th wheel and they call our Solitude the Taj Mahal. We haven't named her yet, but maybe real soon we'll be calling her "Home".

Steve

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is not polite to mention what I called my last fifth wheel in a public forum. Needless to say, it was not a Grand Design model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also name my vehicles. I named my truck Brutiss and I am thinking about a good name for my Solitude. I was thinking about Sleeping Beauty and a friend of mine told me to call her Camper Girl cause she is always at camp. Not sure yet. Still working on the name after a whole year.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum.

With our previous fifth wheel and previous dog the name came accidentally as we told the dog 'get in The Little House'. We have been telling our current dog that we were getting a new(and bigger) Little House. She is getting used to it and thinks it ok as it takes her places to go swimming. She doesn't really like the aluminum steps and doesn't like the floor (which is just too bad, since I really like it, especially with all the Golden Retriever hair.

So, our camper is The Little House. Our truck is The Truck (not to be confused with The White Tahoe or The Red Tahoe that we have as our other vehicles).

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our last 5er was named "Taj Mahal" also by some friends of ours. Not sure what the 369 will be named when they see it. The tow vehicle is called Levi, which is short for "Leviathan".
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great! Believe it or not, we had a neighbor that named their cat "C-A-T", and a bird named "B-I-R-D", as well as their D-O-G (d-oh-gee). Each letter is pronounced separately, fast. It almost sounds foreign. I could use "C-A-M-P-E-R" (sounds like see-a-m-pee-or), but I think not.

mandolin57

We are currently still pulling a travel trailer and getting ready to order a new Solitude 305. Our travel trailer was named "Our Golden Getaway" because of our Golden Retriever and going for weekend getaways. When we get the new Solitude it will be called "Gracies Golden Getaway" in honor of our retriever that we lost last June. She absolutely loved everything about camping and we will keep her with us all the time now by the name. We have a new girl now named Maggie and she's a jewel too, but Gracie was the first to get us into camping in the first place. We love it so much we're preparing to go full-time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We named our rig Tumbleweed because that's what we've been most all of our married life. It just seemed it fit. We just decided to name our truck as well. The first 3 letters of her plate are PRL, she's black, so the name is Black Pearl, just like the ship of Captain Jack Sparrow! After living on a sail boat for 9 years, it's a hard habit to break.
    Last edited by Tumbleweeds; 03-21-2014 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Update to the naming thing.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After much input from friends and family, we've narrowed it down to 'the big easy'. Although in Houston for 13 years now, we are originally from the New Orleans area. Our 369RL certainly is big, and after just one short weekend trip, we're working on the easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast