User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation LPT: If your RV antifreeze isn't pulling into the system, check your hose connection!

This happened to us the first season we had the trailer, but not the last two years. Yesterday, we had the same issue - pump is running, water is pushed out of the lines but the antifreeze refuses to get sucked out of the container. I knew we had the same issue the first season we owned the unit, but could not remember the what we did to fix it. I walked away to (cool off) ask for help, but while helping another camper so they could come look at our unit, my husband figured it out.

We have a 90 degree elbow attached to the trailer so that the water hose isn't kinked/sticking straight out from the panel. Said 90-degree elbow connector lost it's rubber seal at some point (probably when I reattached it after changing our hose/filter setup at the beginning of the season this year), which explains our water pressure troubles AND the sucking sound that I missed, but he caught eventually.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had a nickel for every hose washer I've lost. I found at the hardware store hose washers that are actually large black o-rings. They seal quite well and they have never fallen out of the end of the hose. I have them on all my hoses now in place of the flat ones.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last fall when I winterized the camper a 2017 303RLS, I used air to blow out the water lines, never have used the pink stuff. Our 1st trip in the spring was April 18 - 22 and the weather beforehand was not conducive to prepping the camper, I was able pump bleach water thru the lines to all the faucets, but not to the fresh water tank, gave up and camped for the 4 nights and all was good with the camper, weather no so much. Today I go out again to sanitize the fresh water tank, same problem I can’t get the pump to draw water from the gallon jug to either the fresh water tank or to the faucets. Pump runs / open faucets still nothing. So I come in and start searching here and find Megan’s post about a missing washer got me to thinking. Problem was my hose, I was using 2 short hoses connected with quick connects, must not have been a tight enough seal, used the male repair connector on one of the hoses and had a roll of 1/2” clear tubing, problem solved. . . . . Thanks Megan Coriale. . . .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54751138519__87077038-60E6-4F72-AC0F-5CDDA3282452.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	12681
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS