User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HN And Linda

KZ were you at Cigli?

Quote Originally Posted by KZ View Post
    It seems that a lot of folks who are buying a GD trailer are buying new ones. I understand that this is mostly due to the fact that GD has not been around for very long. That said, I am awaiting delivery of mine and got to thinking that a checklist would come in handy when picking up the RV from the Dealer. I know they will have their checklist but I beleive that with the vast experiance on this site we could come up with a better one based on your intimate knowledge of these RVs.

So... What would you check? What did you find "in need of repair" when you picked up yours?

A list here would be of great help to newbies (me) and old salts alike.
    We are currently in the process of completing the purchase of a Reflection 337, any recommendations?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent about 2 hours inspecting our new 2800BH. We had a few wood touch up areas that needed attention.

The bathroom door was not square. The bottom of the door protruded about 1/2" from closed position. The delivery guy convinced us it was because the coach was parked an unlevel spot.

We got it home and the door still is off significantly. It's a 50 mile trip to the dealer so we will notify them and take it up there at some later time. This will give us time to check the coach out more thoroughly.

Other than that, so far all is good.

Dealer wanted to charge us 1.5 hours labor to install the Blue Ox WDH I purchased from Amazon. No thanks. I did it myself and it took about 20 minutes. I already had a local trailer shop torque the hitch ball to the hitch because I didn't have a torque wrench that went up to 400 Ft Lbs.

I also installed a backup camera purchased from Amazon for a $200 less than the dealer wanted. Another 10 minute installation.

Right now it's in our driveway. The HOA restrictions don't allow us to keep it home. We got a storage covered spot but as a not very experienced in towing I wasn't comfortable backing it in between 2 motorhomes. We are going for a pull through uncovered spot until I get more comfortable. I backed it up our 300 foot curved driveway fine.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtts View Post
    We get our new Solitude 379FL next week. We have been up to Middlebury where they are built twice in the last month (first time to see how the Solitudes were made and today to see how Reflections are made - our friends ordered a Reflection last week). We met with the president Don Clark today. We learned that after their finished campers go thru their own QA before shipping, it then goes to an off site facility for a second complete check of each unit!!!! Pretty impressive! And then when the camper arrives at the dealer, it goes thru yet another complete check prior to the customer picking it up!!! You can do a checklist, but chances are good you will get a ready to run camper with no issues!!!
    We purchased a 397TH from Lazydays in Tampa around the end of January. We were suppose to spend 3 days there, transferring from one RV to the other. We had so many things wrong that my salesman said I was suppose to write a list, not a novel. Our toyhauler must have never went to any of those quality checkpoints at Grand Design. I had 27 items wrong with it and on top of that, Lazydays took it away one day to go dump out and they tore through the bottom cap of the fifth wheel. We seen fiberglass showing through. Needless to say we were there almost 4 weeks! Our neighbors here in Florida, thought we hot kidnapped. I wish I knew what they looked at for doing their quality control list. My list is still 15 items and my warranty is suppose to run out on January 27th. I have another appointment on the 16th of January. Just hope we get it all fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzyh View Post
    We purchased a 397TH from Lazydays in Tampa around the end of January. We were suppose to spend 3 days there, transferring from one RV to the other. We had so many things wrong that my salesman said I was suppose to write a list, not a novel. Our toyhauler must have never went to any of those quality checkpoints at Grand Design. I had 27 items wrong with it and on top of that, Lazydays took it away one day to go dump out and they tore through the bottom cap of the fifth wheel. We seen fiberglass showing through. Needless to say we were there almost 4 weeks! Our neighbors here in Florida, thought we hot kidnapped. I wish I knew what they looked at for doing their quality control list. My list is still 15 items and my warranty is suppose to run out on January 27th. I have another appointment on the 16th of January. Just hope we get it all fixed!
    Lizzyh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I would like to know if you ever finished creating your master punch list and are going to share it.
    We pickup our GD friday.

Jeff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KZ View Post
    Thank you for your recommendations. I have downloaded four different ones which I will combine to create a "master".
    Can you share your master punch list you created

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Can you share your master punch list you created
    Hi there. There are several good versions of checklists in the Reference Library section of this forum. Here's a link:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...rms-(Multiple)

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Hi there. There are several good versions of checklists in the Reference Library section of this forum. Here's a link:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...rms-(Multiple)

Jim
    Thank you so much I'm sure this will help during our pickup inspection

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thank you so much I'm sure this will help during our pickup inspection
    Jeff,
    What I did with those master lists from the Reference Library is separate them into "his and her" lists. Basically if it was outside or dealt with electricity it was mine to check. Everything on the inside was Fran's to check.

Check out this post from that semi-recent experience: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...343#post175343

Good luck!

Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12