Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delivery Checklist

It seems that a lot of folks who are buying a GD trailer are buying new ones. I understand that this is mostly due to the fact that GD has not been around for very long. That said, I am awaiting delivery of mine and got to thinking that a checklist would come in handy when picking up the RV from the Dealer. I know they will have their checklist but I beleive that with the vast experiance on this site we could come up with a better one based on your intimate knowledge of these RVs.

So... What would you check? What did you find "in need of repair" when you picked up yours?

A list here would be of great help to newbies (me) and old salts alike.
    KZ and Terry Kleinheitz, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Meka and Prissy (Social butterflies in Dachshound bodies)
    2015 379FL Solitude
    2014 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Laramie, Cummins, Auto, 4X4, Long Bed, DRW, Andersen Hitch

cuttinchief

Re: Delivery Checklist

PDI checklist our on the internet. Some folks make them but you can get them right off the net. Easy stuff. Usually you can stay in it at the dealer to get everything checked out. They will fix stuff on the spot to get you to sign for it so the finance manager usually takes precedence. I haven't heard of a lot of problems at all or at the PDI. This says something for Grand Designs QA department. I have dealt with some manufacturers that don't do a good job of QA. So get you a list.

TheOtts

We get our new Solitude 379FL next week. We have been up to Middlebury where they are built twice in the last month (first time to see how the Solitudes were made and today to see how Reflections are made - our friends ordered a Reflection last week). We met with the president Don Clark today. We learned that after their finished campers go thru their own QA before shipping, it then goes to an off site facility for a second complete check of each unit!!!! Pretty impressive! And then when the camper arrives at the dealer, it goes thru yet another complete check prior to the customer picking it up!!! You can do a checklist, but chances are good you will get a ready to run camper with no issues!!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

KZ, here is a PDI I used when taking delivery of our Solitude.....

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenav...PDI_V113_2.pdf

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[quote author=TheOtts link=topic=481.msg3443#msg3443 date=1394147523]
    We get our new Solitude 379FL next week.
    [/quote]

Welcome to the forum Otts and congratulations on your new Solitude!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We should be receiving our Reflection 337RLS near the end of the month. I'm prepared to do a thorough PDI, but I'm not sure about the sequence of events. Does the dealership usually expect you to get the financing and paperwork before the PDI, or is it reversed? Complete the PDI, then the paperwork?

I'd really prefer to give the rig a thorough inspection before i completing the paperwork on it. I realize that Grand Design has a robust quality process which should preclude significant problems, but I've been burned very badly by previous units. The last FW we purchased needed nearly three months in the shop for significant rebuilding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your recommendations. I have downloaded four different ones which I will combine to create a "master".
    2015 379FL Solitude
    2014 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Laramie, Cummins, Auto, 4X4, Long Bed, DRW, Andersen Hitch

Tl1000r

Please post it when your done

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When our trailer came in we were able to inspect it without the dealer/sales staff etc tagging along. They pulled the trailer inside, plugged it in and left us to inspect all we wanted. Long as we were out by closing. We made a small list and some was done when we went for the real PDI and others had to wait to be shipped in. We found it to be much more of a relaxed atmosphere without being rushed to check everything we wanted.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have combined ideas from a couple of sites. I would like to post it, but don't know how.

This list is a good starting point and if anyone has any additional "good ideas" or tips please let me know and I will update it.
    2015 379FL Solitude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast