User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: What do you think of the proposed fee increase?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take my money! It's still worth it! We have to keep those bears fed!

5 45.45%
  • This will limit how often I visit National Parks, but I'll still go or I'll just buy an annual pass.

6 54.55%
  • I won't be going to National Parks anymore, I'll stick with BLM's, RV Parks and WalMart.

0 0%
  • This is highway robbery, I'm selling my RV!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thumbs up You may have to pay $70 to visit the Grand Canyon and 16 other national parks

WOW

Quoting an article I just read... "You may have to start shelling out more cash when you visit America's national parks.
    The National Park Service wants to more than double entrance fees at 17 popular parks -- including the Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Yellowstone --
    to help pay for infrastructure improvements. The fee for private vehicles would rise from $25 to $70 during peak season.
    Critics have blasted the proposed fee increase, saying it will make a trip to the parks unaffordable for many Americans."

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/na...sal/index.html

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I read that last night. For us folks over 62, we can get our lifetime pass. But if you aren't seasoned enough to qualify, then it would probably be a good idea to purchase the $80 annual pass. You can visit as many parks as you want with the annual pass.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Or, option #5
    Which I didn't know about because I only just turned 50, like Jim said above, use the Lifetime pass.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I read that last night. For us folks over 62, we can get our lifetime pass. But if you aren't seasoned enough to qualify, then it would probably be a good idea to purchase the $80 annual pass. You can visit as many parks as you want with the annual pass.

Jim
    The senior lifetime pass just went from $10 to $80 a few months ago.

I purchased the $10 Lifetime Senior Pass last year then found out I qualified for a Free Lifetime Pass LM, being Service connected disabled. My wife at that time purchased the $10 lifetime senior pass.

We’re staying at Cedar Point National Campground in NC for 2 weeks, starting next week. It’s a US Forest Service park. With the Senior Pass or Free Lifetime Military daily fee. You don’t get discount off the $7/day fee for electric.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of families run on really lean budgets. This could be an issue for them.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking for the option "Senior Pass and they don't have sites large enough for my Momentum 376TH". LOL
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the same philosophy the house of the mouse uses. Higher prices will limit the amount of people that go, thus smaller crowds. Has it worked? Doesn't look like it. At least NP are only doing it during peak seasons. House of the mouse is all the time.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I got my $10 senior pass a couple months back!

Hey DaveMathewsBand, glad to see you joined up. Welcome!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a senior pass, so this won't affect me, but keep in mind that the fee is per vehicle, so a family is still $70 and I think the fee is good for 10 days. Breaking the fees down that way isn't as bad as it first sounds, and is still way way cheaper than taking your family to Disney Land for 10 days. I'm not defending the increase, just trying to put a bit of reality into the topic.

I spend a lot of time at the Grand Canyon, and can't think of a better way to spend my money.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    It's the same philosophy the house of the mouse uses. Higher prices will limit the amount of people that go, thus smaller crowds. Has it worked? Doesn't look like it. At least NP are only doing it during peak seasons. House of the mouse is all the time.
    On the other hand... the mouse house is making money and improvements and not taxing everyone else to do it. I support the increase (and don't even ask me what I think foreign tourists should pay).

btw...... I detest the mouse house and do not support them nor enjoy the over crowded conditions they allow (I do, however, endure crowded national parks when it is necessary although I prefer off-peak times)
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast