I found this on another RV manufacture's owner's forum. Thought it would be good information to share here.

Going with the electric awning was the biggest decision in my Solitude order (speaks to how nice of a 5ver GD makes). Never been a fan of them. Especially since I plan a keeping my Solitude a long time and that awning motor would eventually wear out. A friend of mine had to replace his awning motor after a year and half and cost $450 for parts and labor. When I found this info, it helped with the decision to go with the electric awning vs. a manual.

The cheapest replacement motor specific for the Carefree awning I found online was over $200. Come to find out that the Carefree Travel’r motor is the right door power window lift motor from a 1996 Buick Regal 2 door. At O’Reilly Auto Parts, a new one is $64.99 (Part #42-126) and a remanufactured one is $34.99 (Part #82-126). This is for the motor and gearbox assembly. It’s the same motor for either the fixed pitch or adjustable pitch awnings.

So if you’re handy with tools and your motor dies, this will save you a few hundred dollars in exchange for a little hard work over a weekend. On the other forum, they didn’t list any “how to” instructions for changing the motor, so if someone here ends up having to replace their motor (knock on wood), they can add some tips to this post.