User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    grandious
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve and Cill View Post
    Welcome to the forum grandious! Have you done a setup on your tv, turned off the antenna booster?

Steve
    That's right Chief - had to turn off the booster. Watching ESPN as we speak.

Thank you. Happy New Year.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've described my problem exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by SGTABN82 View Post
    Quick question on the cable connection. Which one? In our basement where all the plumbing connections are we found the cable connection.....so we thought. There are 4 each labeled....."Cable".... "Living Room".... "Bedroom" and Basement". We are trying to hook up the park cable and when we connect it to the one labeled "Cable"....we get nothing......then we tried the one labeled "Living room" and we get nothing.

When we run the "AUTO CHANNEL" scan it gets to 100% then a message comes on the TV that says "Powering off in 58 seconds" then the TV turns off. When we turn the tv back on it has a message that says "Run Auto Channel Scan again". We have done this multiple times.

When we switch the TV from cable to "AIR" and run the auto channel search it locates numerous channels. The sound bar has a loud humming sound and when we change the channel the sound bar makes a loud POPPING sound.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions?

Thanks
    Can you tell me how you resolved this problem SGTABN82? I have the exact same issue. Can't get the cable to work? I know for sure that my antenna booster is off which seems to be a common possible reason for this not working.

grandious

Antenna Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Laura and Barry View Post
    Can you tell me how you resolved this problem SGTABN82? I have the exact same issue. Can't get the cable to work? I know for sure that my antenna booster is off which seems to be a common possible reason for this not working.
    There is an antenna booster in the cabinet to the right of the TV. You have to turn the booster off.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Grandious!

I saw prior advice on this thread to turn off the booster so I made sure I did that first. I was kind of hoping SGTABN82 had found another equally easy solution to the problem.
    I have pulled every outlet cover and checked every connection I could find. Some were loose but tightening them doesn't seem to have solved the problem. My trailer came with the TV in the LR bolted to fixed mounts (definitely not the "V" type mounts (I have those on the bedroom TV) so I can't check the back of the TV very easily but it looks OK from what I can see using a mirror and a flashlight. Barring any new advice, the only other thing I can think of is that one of the cables just wasn't hooked up correctly at the factory.

As a side note I do wonder about how grand the design decision is to used fixed TV mounts: Wouldn't 100 out of 100 people in a survey answer "YES" to the question "Would you like access to the back of your TV?"

Cheers!
    Barry

grandious
    Hello Grandious!

I saw prior advice on this thread to turn off the booster so I made sure I did that first. I was kind of hoping SGTABN82 had found another equally easy solution to the problem.
    I have pulled every outlet cover and checked every connection I could find. Some were loose but tightening them doesn't seem to have solved the problem. My trailer came with the TV in the LR bolted to fixed mounts (definitely not the "V" type mounts (I have those on the bedroom TV) so I can't check the back of the TV very easily but it looks OK from what I can see using a mirror and a flashlight. Barring any new advice, the only other thing I can think of is that one of the cables just wasn't hooked up correctly at the factory.

As a side note I do wonder about how grand the design decision is to used fixed TV mounts: Wouldn't 100 out of 100 people in a survey answer "YES" to the question "Would you like access to the back of your TV?"

Cheers!
    Barry
    Amplifier off, cable plugged in, input source TV and menu channel cable.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check, check, check and check. Next weekend's project will be to defeat the fixed mounting brackets and check the connections on the back of the TV. After that I'll get some help. Whatever the solution to the problem turns out to be I'll post it here (even if I did something dumb) so the next person benefits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cable labeling in convenience center might be wrong. Try another hook up in there or pull it to see what color cable you should be hooked to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found with our unit that the TV can be removed from the mounting bracket by sharply lifting the TV directly up. Our has 4 bolts on the back of the TV that fit into holes on the bracket. I just lifted it up and it was free from the bracket.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Signguy71 you take the prize!! I went back to the outside connection and saw that the "Cable" tit actually had the orange wire leading to the "Satellite" connection on the inside! That's about the only combination of wires I didn't try before! I plugged the TV into the "Satellite" connection, re-scanned for channels, and voila I found my cable channels! Can I leave it like this or is the orange wire made specifically for satellite connections and not appropriate for cable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Signguy71 you take the prize!! I went back to the outside connection and saw that the "Cable" tit actually had the orange wire leading to the "Satellite" connection on the inside! That's about the only combination of wires I didn't try before! I plugged the TV into the "Satellite" connection, re-scanned for channels, and voila I found my cable channels! Can I leave it like this or is the orange wire made specifically for satellite connections and not appropriate for cable?
    Took me three hours to figured that out and three tv's. I just switch the labels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12