User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mandolin57

Re: Woop! Woop! Let's Go Camping!!

[quote author=dloase link=topic=487.msg3633#msg3633 date=1394535737]
    Mandolin57
    The only group I currently play in is my church praise team. I have played in a southern gospel group for several years, but that project went by the wayside when life interveined in several members lives. I was lucky enough to record CD's with both of my children playing with me. I play guitar, bass, mandolin, and some dobro and keyboard. I recenently was given a banjo by my wife so am working on adding that along with dulicmer to my musical instruments.
    [/quote]
    Wow...I'd love to hear you! I have played with my brother and sister a few times in church....my sister plays dulcimer as well.....but I'm not brave enough to venture too far out. I love the picking part...not so much chords. For some reason the picking just comes easier for me. (maybe the piano lessons paid off there Maybe we can connect out there some time...that would sure be fun.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Woop! Woop! Let's Go Camping!!

Sandi,
    I would most certainly like to come to the rally in September, but won't know my fall teaching schedule until July so that is on hold for now.

Mandolin57
    PA is where I was born and rasied so I try to get up that way at least once a year. I know we have camping trips planned this summer so you never know. There is an old saying that if you want to walk on water you have to get out of the boat. I was a closet player for years, but finally ventured out with a group of friends. My guitar traveled everywhere with me while I did my time on active duty and opened so many doors on port calls. Find a group of friends and family and a venue and go for it.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12