Hi All! As of Wednesday, March 5, 2014 Mike & I are the proud owners of a 305RL Solitude! Avid campers until about 16 years ago when we sold our American Star 5th wheel for a cabin in Northern Michigan. We have always talked about traveling the US again closer to retirement. Although Mike has been (disabled) retired for 16 years now, I was just able to retire at the end of January. We returned from our Caribbean Cruise just in time for the Novi RV show (1st week in Feb) where we were absolutely committed to buying a Montana. Then we saw the Solitude and 2.5 years of researching went right out the window. We loved it!

We don't really consider ourselves 'newbies', but it has been a while... we love the Grand Design Owners Forum and have been just reading everything we can to prepare for our Shakedown trip in April and we are really looking forward to the GD Rally in September. Almost can't visualize camping in September as I could never travel during the school year (just retired from middle school teaching), BUT WE ARE SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!

Any advice on where to camp, add-ons/improvements, things to watch-out for would be greatly appreciated!

Woop! Woop! Lets Go Camping!! ;D

Mike & Darlene Strasser