User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold Refrigerator Water Issue

I am having an issue with water leaking into bottom of fridge. It looks like the blades are dripping water which is then collected in a little bowl which has a drain whole. Water collects in this bowl and then seems to drip from around bowl and may be overflowing as well because the bowl gets quite full of water sometimes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric and Lou Parker
    2016 Solitude 384GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In ours the water collects in a white tray that connects to a drain tube that runs outside. Assuming yours is the same, make sure the tray is connected to the drain tube. Then go outside, remove the back of the fridge and make sure the plug at the end of the drain tube isn't plugged. Ours was and we had to clean it out.

John
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I discovered on our second trip that the drain hose to the outside wasn't plugged onto the outlet of the drain pan inside the fridge. This isn't obvious by just looking. I couldn't even see the drain tube until I pulled the pan forward it bit. Once I knew the hose was there it took some finagling to get it to slip over the outlet on the back of the pan. Once done, no more water collecting in the bottom of the fridge.

When shutting the fridge off and defrosting after a trip, I find that the inside drain pan doesn't fully drain. I have to wipe it out with a sponge to be sure all moisture is removed to avoid mold growth while it's in storage.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you John for the suggestion. After going outside and opening up the black plastic cover to the back of the fridge. I found the white drain hose was wedged into the corner of another black plastic trey which was full of water. As soon as I moved the white plastic tubing water started immediately flowing. What is curious is I did not find a hole or any other drain tube from the black plastic trey. Not sure if water is supposed to collect in there and evaporate out, but it is curious why there is no drain hose from the black plastic trey.

So far after freeing the white plastic hose things seem to be ok. I will monitor over the next few days to see if I have permanently fixed it.

Great suggestion.

Thanks, Eric

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the black plastic reservoir has no external drain. With normal use in low to moderately humid areas, the water collected evaporates. If you’re in a higher humidity area it’ll need to be emptied regularly. As I recall just 1 screw secures it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I continue to have an issue. I find the black plastic reservoir fills up with water and the causes the water not to drain from the white hose. I am curious if I have some other issue going on here. How much water should drain out of the fridge. It seems like to me if they don't provide a drain from the black plastic reservoir then perhaps they don't expect much water drainage. Could I possibly have an issue with a seal around my fridge causing the fridge to have cooling issue. Could this cause additional condensation to build up and drain from the fridge. I think I am going to call Grand Design and see if they can help.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I moved that little hose from the little drain pan and stuck it thru the vent so that it just drains to the outside. Problem solved.
    2016 F350 4X4 CC SB SRW 6.7 Powerstroke with OEM 5th Wheel and Gooseneck Prep Package
    Bakflip G2 Bed Cover
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Fifth Wheel Hitch
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you have a seal problem. My outside pan almost never has water in it. Usually just a damp spot if I see anything. A common problem and what I had when new was the flapper on the left door not flipping out for the right door to seal to. That would be the first thing to check. A little drop of silicone on mine has cured it for a year now. Some folks have mentioned needing to adjust the door up to get it working correctly. When my flapper didn't seal correctly I had a lot of condensation in the fridge.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Dad47 View Post
    I moved that little hose from the little drain pan and stuck it thru the vent so that it just drains to the outside. Problem solved.
    I did the same. Our outside drain pan would fill up on a recent beach trip where we were just a couple of hundred yards away from the ocean, with a breeze from the water, so it was really humid out.
    Chap, Joy, and furbaby Argus
    2017 F350 diesel, 4x4, crew cab, short bed
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    B&W slider for Ford 5th wheel prep package

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    It sounds like you have a seal problem. My outside pan almost never has water in it. Usually just a damp spot if I see anything. A common problem and what I had when new was the flapper on the left door not flipping out for the right door to seal to. That would be the first thing to check. A little drop of silicone on mine has cured it for a year now. Some folks have mentioned needing to adjust the door up to get it working correctly. When my flapper didn't seal correctly I had a lot of condensation in the fridge.
    Seems to be a common problem.

I'm going to try to explain this in other words. The refrigerator door on the left has a panel, top to bottom (about 3" or 4" wide) that pivots when you close the door. The problem is that panel drags on the bottom of the refer, preventing it from pivoting all the way to the flat position. The position that allows the right door to seal against it in the center of the two doors, when the right door is closed. Warm air from the room seeps in where that panel is not sealed tightly thereby creating to much condensation. Make sure that panel on the right side of the left door is pulled forward, so that the right door seals against it.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast