User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ron S

Internet Truck Buying

It seems Dually's are rare in the Philadelphia area so I've been looking on line at some of the companies that will ship the truck to a local dealer.

Has anyone had any experience buying a truck this way?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Internet Truck Buying

Any good local dealer will do a search for you. When they locate what you want they will make arrangements for it to be delivered.
    Bought mine from a dealer in central Indiana. They located what I wanted in Minnesota. They went and got it. No extra charge. (At least not on paper)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we were looking, Carmax had several that they would ship from around the country.
    Steve & Mary - Fairfax, VA
    2014 Solitude 305RE
    2011 Ford F-450 Lariat DRW

99thUnitBuilt

I have looked at having a truck shipped before, it's expensive. I live in southern NJ and like you had zero luck finding a Ram 3500 mega cab dually. Tried to work a deal for a truck located in IL to be shipped to a dealership in northeast MD. They got me the price I wanted for the truck but then tacked on 1K to have it shipped. I ended up driving to IL and purchasing it from the actual dealer. Cost me $400 in fuel but still saved me $600 and it was a great break in trip. To bad I had to lemon law it 3 months later. I can give you a few dealerships to look at that have large dually inventories. For Ram trucks look at: Kernersville Dodge in NC, Big O Dodge in SC, Tony Domiano Dodge in PA, Keene Dodge in MD. Kernersville has best prices on the east coast. For Fords the best prices around are at Koons Ford in MD. Koons has multiple dealerships around the Baltimore/DC area but the one in Sterling VA has largest selection of duallys. I can tell you if you really want to save some money on a Ford you need to head to Texas and go to Vernon Ford in Vernon Texas. Sorry i dont have any Chevy or GMC info. Hope this helps, hope you find what your looking for.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vernon Auto Group also has a large selection of Ram trucks--1/2, 3/4, 1 ton single and dual.
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Ron S link=topic=489.msg3501#msg3501 date=1394217151]
    It seems Dually's are rare in the Philadelphia area so I've been looking on line at some of the companies that will ship the truck to a local dealer.

Has anyone had any experience buying a truck this way?
    [/quote]

Hey Ron, either call me at work or PM me here.

Let me know what you are looking for in a new truck, as I have a few contacts that I use to find trucks for customers.

Steve @ Tom Schaeffer's
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS