User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    cuttinchief

Solitude Manufactuer time frame

With all the weather does anyone know how far back on production they might be.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Solitude Manufactuer time frame

My dealer gave us a delivery date of February 27th for our 337, then March 8th, then March 14th. It's still a no show. I was actually contacted by Peter Kinden, the Western Sales Manager for GD to discuss the reasons for the delays and expected delivery dates. Right now, it looks like it's going to be late March. So, if that date holds, it's about a one month slip for us.

The weather has been a bear in the Midwest. Highways are frequently getting shut down. It's affecting the work force and suppliers especially hard. If you can't get supplies, everything stops.

We're planning on hitting the road for a 4-5 month trip starting the second week of April. If Grand Design can't deliver by then, we'll probably have to cancel our order and use the old FW until next fall. http://www.mygrandrv.com/Smi...efault/cry.gif

cuttinchief

When did you first order it?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[quote author=cuttinchief link=topic=490.msg3524#msg3524 date=1394247826]
    When did you first order it?
    [/quote]

2/5/14. We wanted dual pane windows installed. Our dealer said there was one nearly complete on the manufacturing line that was scheduled for delivery to our dealer. All it needed were the new windows. So we believed the turn around would be very quick.

cuttinchief

Mine was ordered Jan 13, 2014 and I know there was a lot of bad weather. I would rather they take there time and get them right then to create lots of issues. Just wondering! My dealer told me the end of February or 1st week of March I'm on track I got the awning covers. The dealer is putting in our EMS system and our washer and dryer out of our present RV

cuttinchief

Well the dealer called our 379FL is in.I will be picking up Next Sat. Taking my trade in to get the washer/dryer swapped out and queen matress swapped and EMS surge protector put in. Taking old trailer in Wed for the swap. Doing walk thru next sat 9 am. Then here comes the dry camping following 2 weeks at a couple big races.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congratulations!

jaw3336

Wow, almost 2 full months.

Does anyone know what the current wait is? My order became official today.

Is there a way to find an approximate time frame? The dealer said 4-7 weeks.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical time from order to in stock at the dealer is 6-8 weeks right now.

In about a month, lead time will go to 10 weeks, as most dealers will have their Spring stock orders in, and they will be at full capacity for building them.

Right now, I don't have a single Reflection on our lot that is not sold. I won't be getting a 303RLS for several weeks, as they are all spoken for, and build time on the 303 isn't until late March.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I received a message from our dealer yesterday that we're still expecting delivery of our Reflection on 3/23. It was ordered on 2/5.