User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too use a pin lock for my 5er. It is stored in a security gated facility with a camera and lighting next to my unit. The on-sight staff has made comments to my wife about how often I have visited. I will take this as a positive sign, but I too have insurance. I have also considered using a wheel lock for some added security.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ETrailer recommends the following for AUH users:

https://www.etrailer.com/question-85888.html
    Lee and Michelle
    2017 Reflections 303RLS Build Date 12/14/16
    2015 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.2L V8 3.73
    B&W Turnover ball and Andersen Ult 5th Wheel
    Prev:2015 Keystone Passport 2890RL
    2014 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost with Max Towing Package
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/Trailer Tow Group 3.6L 4x4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of these guys are professional crooks that specialize in stealing RVs. They are pulled a to farm location and put on back 40 and used for migrate worker temp housing. The local police said that they are rarely recovered and if they are they are trashed. He also said the main targets are pull behind RVs.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As they say, if someone wants to steal your trailer they will. It is all about everything you can do to make it more difficult to do.

Long term storage:

* Pull my battery, if in a rig with a big battery bay remove all the interconnected cables between the batteries.
    * Enable the battery disconnect if you have one and if key'ed take the key with you.
    * Pull the emergency brake disconnect
    * BOLT coupler pin lock.
    * Proven Industries coupler lock NOTE: The aluminum puck lock is garbage, I drilled the core in seconds. I use Cobra puck lock with Abloy Sentry cylinder t-handle core. It's a universal puck lock so you can put in any t-handle core that you wish. Medico and Abloy make extremely highly resistant locks to picking and drilling.
    * I have X-Chock's to lock the wheels which have a spot for a lock to go through. For that I use a pair of BOLT coupler pin lock.
    * I also have two wheel boots that I have used in the past. I had two one for each axle but I currently use them for other trailers.

GPS tracker could be useful to add, however know it does have a service cost if you want to track in realtime and you will need a power source. Many of the GPS trackers I have seen have a limited 30/60 day lifetime.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you really wanted to make sure the thing stayed where you parked it, you could put it on four of these $40 hydraulic/axle stands . . . and take the wheels home .

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1318.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Around here they would block it up with wood or concrete stolen from another site, and then steal the hydraulic jacks.

The best you can do is make yours harder to get into or steal than the one next to it. Anything that makes it require more time / noise to steal than your neighbor units gives you the advantage.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    If you really wanted to make sure the thing stayed where you parked it, you could put it on four of these $40 hydraulic/axle stands . . . and take the wheels home .
    Rob
    Around here we had some trailers stolen with a boot on the axle. They went under the trailer and unbolted the axle.

The more steps a thief has to go through hopefully make it the less likely someone will steal your rig.

My personal favorite video of trailer theft is this one, how bold do you have to be -
    https://youtu.be/WMQk91zW27g

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I use a PullRite Super Glide with a capture plate on the pin box. It would be worth having a ticket to watch some dummy steal it, with a standard 5th wheel hitch. The first turn would be quite interesting. I have one of these also. https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-2...70_&dpSrc=srch
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. Great ideas. I'm picking the trailer up in a week. It's one of the few truly "New" things we've ever purchased so Mamma's a little worried about parking it in the big scary RV storage lot. We can park it in the driveway for a couple days but our HOA limits that to 72 hrs.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm going to put a lowjack in mine, hide it underneath somewhere or in a wall.

: )
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast