User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling system stops in Auto Retract with jacks still extended.

Point of interest on my 2015 Solitude 369RL. I have seen problems with the leveling system caused by low battery voltage. When Auto Retracting the jacks, the system would stop about 3/4 of the way up with no error message. My battery was 4 yrs old and weak, on load test, so I replaced it. No help. When it stopped and after a few seconds delay I would hear a click like a relay. Turns out there is a auto reset circuit breaker between the battery and the relay that operates the pump motor. The circuit breaker is a 50 amp flat mount breaker and was failing after the motor was pulling 10 amps. Relay is available at most auto parts store. Something to put in your "I can fix that" tool box.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCrotty View Post
    Point of interest on my 2015 Solitude 369RL. I have seen problems with the leveling system caused by low battery voltage. When Auto Retracting the jacks, the system would stop about 3/4 of the way up with no error message. My battery was 4 yrs old and weak, on load test, so I replaced it. No help. When it stopped and after a few seconds delay I would hear a click like a relay. Turns out there is a auto reset circuit breaker between the battery and the relay that operates the pump motor. The circuit breaker is a 50 amp flat mount breaker and was failing after the motor was pulling 10 amps. Relay is available at most auto parts store. Something to put in your "I can fix that" tool box.
    Here is what I did.

HERE is another thread discussing the problem.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These breakers are available at NAPA and easy to install with a couple of self-tapping screws. Pick up a couple feet of 8 ga. wire and some terminals while you're there. Took me 15 - 20 minutes and no problems since.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same failure of the 50A breaker. Bought the 80A resettable breaker, wired it in and works great. (2019 Solitude 31GK 6 point leveling).

HOWEVER; because of the untimely failure, I had to to the full manual mode to get the jacks up/down and slides in/out. After I got the system working again, I double checked all of the valves to make sure they were all closed. Re-calibrated level on the system, pushed the slide out button and my rear 4 jacks came down. Once it gets the rear 4 jacks down, the slides come out, once the slides are all the way out, it continues to extend the rear 4 jacks. I can’t level the unit laterally (left to right), the left and right sides operate together only now.

I’m assuming I have a stuck valve on the hyd manifold. Been in contact with GD and Lippert. Nobody seems to have a fix besides taking it to the dealer - no appointments until Oct.

Anyone else on here had to go to full manual mode and now can’t get out of manual mode?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason the four rear (mid/rear) hyd jacks are moving when you try to operate the slide out is very simple.. There are FOUR Hydac valves on a Lippert Hydraulic level up and hyd slide out system.
    Front LG has one Hydac valve for both LG
    Mid/rear CS have one valve
    Mid/rear OS have one valve
    Hyd slides (ALL) have one valve

if any of the hydac valves FAIL to mechanically close when 12 volts DC power is removed from the solenoid to the valve then hyd fluid will flow to whatever is downstream of that valve because it did not close mechanically (spring loaded closed) and electrically opened

The only other exception would be if the manual overide screw is not fully CCW on each Hydac valve this will also allow fluid to flow past that hydac valve when the hyd pump runs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Here is what I did.

HERE is another thread discussing the problem.
    Mine had an anomaly once. I bought the pictured-above and put it in my tool box in case it happens again.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    The reason the four rear (mid/rear) hyd jacks are moving when you try to operate the slide out is very simple.. There are FOUR Hydac valves on a Lippert Hydraulic level up and hyd slide out system.

if any of the hydac valves FAIL to mechanically close when 12 volts DC power is removed from the solenoid to the valve then hyd fluid will flow to whatever is downstream of that valve because it did not close mechanically (spring loaded closed) and electrically opened

The only other exception would be if the manual overide screw is not fully CCW on each Hydac valve this will also allow fluid to flow past that hydac valve when the hyd pump runs
    I wonder which solenoid is which on the controller.

If there was a problem, one should be able to unplug the questionable solenoid to close the valve. KEN

Last edited by orbiker; 09-11-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once the slides are all the way out, it continues to extend the rear 4 jacks. I can’t level the unit laterally (left to right), the left and right sides operate together only now.
    Just a work-around suggestion...once both hydraulic slides are out, go out to your door side propane bottle, where there are two round twist shutoffs. They are not labeled, but they will shut off fluid to each hydraulic slide. On mine, the left one is the door side slide, the right is the kitchen slide. After you close those, you can level it manually without the slides moving (possibly)
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post

The manual and Lippert all say CCW to close.
    My two valves on the bottom are different apparently. CW closes them. Systems works 4.0 now that I’d the opposite of what the book says.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason the manual states CCW is that you cant actually look at the front of the LG valve dead on so when it, or the valves for the slide and mid/rear are closed it is usually done from a backside view .... hence the CCW .... the KEY is the 5/32 allen head screw needs to be turned IN toward the assy to manually seat the spring loaded valve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast