Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337RLS cracked shower pan

So I picked up my 2018 337RLS on the 23rd of October and I’m staying in it on a work assignment. After my first shower I noticed water leaking underneath the trailer and upon further inspection I found that the shower pan is cracked around the drain. The nut on bottom was WAY over tightened which is what I think caused this. Dealer says it’s a warranty issue and will be taken care of but they haven’t replaced a shower this large in a GD yet. Walls are going to have to be taken out to get the old one out and new one in...he said I won’t be able to tell they did anything as far as fit and finish goes but I’m a perfectionist so this makes me really nervous. Has anyone had any MAJOR repairs like this done? How did it turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes! This is just me but I would check with a fiberglass/plastic repair place (maybe boat shop or something) first because tearing out shower and walls means possible damage to ceilings, floors, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and anything else they touch. Not sure how they would get it through exterior door which means a big deal to work with exterior wall and roof. Not to mention the time it will take. And GD should pay you or repair place for the repair. Good luck!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Yikes! This is just me but I would check with a fiberglass/plastic repair place (maybe boat shop or something) first because tearing out shower and walls means possible damage to ceilings, floors, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and anything else they touch. Not sure how they would get it through exterior door which means a big deal to work with exterior wall and roof. Not to mention the time it will take. And GD should pay you or repair place for the repair. Good luck!
    I’m a remodeler by trade so I’m familiar with how this process is going to go (the actual work part of it). In order to replace it with the same exact shower it’s going to have to be taken out through one of the slides. Or it will have to be cut into pieces for removal. It could be replaced with a 4 piece shower but I’m not sure what to do yet. I guess I’ll wait and see what they say and go from there but I want it fixed right the first time. I epoxied it to get me by for now but I’m not comfortable leaving it that way.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, check with GD directly. They may have some suggestions including returning it to the factory.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WINDTECH - You haven't mentioned where you are located, but this would seem like a repair that should go back to the factory service center in Indiana. Particularly when your dealer acknowledges that they have never done one this large before.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how far you are from the factory, but if it were mine, I'd haul it to the factory and let them do it. They have all the parts on hand if something gets messed up, and they built it. Who better to take it apart and reassemble?
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be a distinct "trend" in this advice .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m in Western Oklahoma. I work in Oklahoma and Texas almost exclusively but will be going to Walla Walla, WA in a couple weeks. I can’t really take it to them myself due to my work schedule and position. Myself or GD would have to pay someone to transport it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    There seems to be a distinct "trend" in this advice .

Rob
    This is true [emoji6]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of RV delivery trucks going back empty to Indiana from every corner of the country every day. This is something you could talk to GDRV about, if you want them to do the warranty work at the factory. They have certainly been willing to make this arrangement in the past.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast