User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microair Easy Start installation instructions on a Dometic Brisk II with pixs

I installed the Easy Start a couple of weeks ago and have shared the pixs and instructions with several RVer's as well as Microair. I will post them here as maybe they will assist someone on the install.

This is what the inside of my brisk II 15k looks like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before2.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	10352

Name:	before.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	10353

I did not purchase the installation kit but you can if you don't have a shop full of grommets, cable ties, and electrical connectors like I do. Next you need to figure out where to mount your Easy Start. Mine will be located on the left side next to the electrical box. It is attached with industrial strength velcro.

You will see that I installed a grommet in the side of the elec cover and run the cable through. My grommet took a 5/8" hole.I put the Easy Start box in position and ran the rest of the wires through the grommet into the other side of the cover. The wires will be cut off later to length.

Name:	finished.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	10357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grommetincover.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	10358

See next post
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now remove the start capacitor and PTCR if you have them.

Next:

Find the white wire that comes from the compressor and goes to the run capacitor. It should be going to the terminal marked "C" for common.

Remove it from the capacitor and cut the end off of this wire. You will then use a butt connector and crimp this white wire to the brown wire from the Easy Start. I left my wires about a foot long so I could remove the electrical cover and work on the run capacitor.
    You should now have the brown wire from the EZstart tied to the white wire that goes to the compressor.

Name:	connectbrownwire.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	10359

Next:

Take the white wire from the easy start and connect it to the run capacitor. It will connect to the "C" common terminal where you removed the white wire in the previous step. See pix.

Name:	connectwhitewirefromeasystart.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	10360

See next post

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now connect the orange wire (looks red to me) from the EZstart to the terminal on the capacitor marked "HERM". See photo. Make sure all three wires look like this. I had to use 90 degree crimp connectors because straight ones would not clear the front cover

Name:	capacitorwiring.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	10361

Now go to the other side of the a/c and find the blue wire. It goes from the compressor to inside the housing. The black wire from the easystart connects to it. I had to extend the length of my black wire. I used a butt connector and added about a foot to it. I then used a Scotch run and type wire splice crimp connector to connect the two wires together. I pulled all of the slack that I could for the blue wire out of the housing, then connected my black wire and then shoved it back in the housing to get it out of the weather.

See photo. You can see where I attached my wire to the blue wire, then shove the connector back into the foam cover

Name:	connectiontocomproverloadprotector.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	10362

See next post

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you reinstall the metal cover over the compressor. Stick the EZstart to the foam with velcro.
    Stick the cover on.

Do your five starts on shore power, waiting three or four minutes between starts

You are done..

Name:	finished.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	10363

Helpful hint. Take a pix of your original wiring before removing the wires in case you need to put it back.

Donald

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice writeup and photos, Donald. Have you had an opportunity to wring out the unit? How do you like it?

You didn't mention having to contact customer support, but they are excellent. I had kind of an unusual installation - trying to run a 15k with a Champion 2000w gennie - and the customer support is excellent. Anyone contemplating this installation should have no reservations as they will hold your hand.

Also, is the discount code still posted on the airstream forum?

Best,

John
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay....I'll plead stupidity. What is this Microair Easy Start and what does it do for you?

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Okay....I'll plead stupidity. What is this Microair Easy Start and what does it do for you?

Alan
    Alan,

It’s a electronic device that modifies the AC so that starting current is reduced significantly. It allows use of a smallish generator to run the AC when shore power isn’t available such as when dry camping.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its more than just an hard start cap for an AC unit, it allows smaller gen sets to run generators that can't be started otherwise. For instance, a Honda 2000w gen will run a 15k AC that it ordinarily wouldn't be able to start. Not cheap, but cheaper than buying a second gen set to run in parallel.

It is an interesting piece of equipment. www.microair.net There are also some interesting videos on YouTube.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent job!

One note that I sent to Micro-Air - Subsitute butt connectors for fully insulated spade connectors. Doing so will make the installation more plug-and-play and allow you to pull the unit out in the future and return to stock.

The Micro-Air Easy-Start is one of the best investments I have ever made. I highly recommend it for anyone who runs off a generator or inverter.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    Nice writeup and photos, Donald. Have you had an opportunity to wring out the unit? How do you like it?

You didn't mention having to contact customer support, but they are excellent. I had kind of an unusual installation - trying to run a 15k with a Champion 2000w gennie - and the customer support is excellent. Anyone contemplating this installation should have no reservations as they will hold your hand.

Also, is the discount code still posted on the airstream forum?

Best,

John
    Hi,

After installation I ran the EU3000is on eco mode and the a/c started up easily. I then got out my EU2000is and tried it. The a/c also started right up. I didn't try the EU2000is on economy mode. My plan is to carry the EU2000is as a backup if the 3000 fails. If I used the 2000W unit I would probably start it in normal mode and then switch it over to eco mode manually.
    Another advantage to the Easy Start is that now I can run the a/c off of one of the 20A house circuits whereas before it would trip the circuit breaker.
    The discount code is still good. I used it last month.

Just enter AIRSTREAM in the discount code box to save $50.

For anyone interested in the Easy Start unit there are several long threads on the Airstream forum. I read all of them before purchasing mine.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast