User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Water Tanks in 307MKS

Hello Folks - New Owner/New Member questions about 307MS ...
    1. Level indicator shows 2 grey water tanks. Seller only showed me how to drain one. So do I have 1 or 2? If 2, do they drain from a common drain or is there a second drain somewhere?
    2. I read where it is a good idea to push black water out with grey water. Is this a good idea and if so, how do I do this?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Dawgfever; 11-03-2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: typo

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    Hello Folks - New Owner/New Member questions about 307MS ...
    1. Level indicator shows 2 grey water tanks. Seller only showed me how to drain one. So do I have 1 or 2? If 2, do they drain from a common drain or is there a second drain somewhere?
    2. I read where it is a good idea to push black water out with grey water. Is this a good idea and if so, how do I do this?
    Thanks,
    2. Assuming black and grey drain thru same outlet, just drain black first, close black valve, open grey. On our 337, we have one grey for kitchen and another for bath. I drain black, kitchen, bath, in that order.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar with that model, but someone who is will be along, I'm sure.

Have you looked to see how many valve handles you have? A few RV's have a second grey valve and outlet that may be located at the other end of the RV, but most have a single sewer hose connection and a valve handle for each tank. Dump one tank and check the level indicator to see which one changed. (Don't be concerned if the lights don't work, they never do.)

The idea is to dump the black tank first, then follow with grey water to flush out the hose. It works best if the tanks - especially the black tank - are almost full when you dump. Most RV's have a black tank flush connection so you can add water to the tank if necessary. Hint - don't walk off and leave the black tank flush running.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 307 has two grey tanks- one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom. The toilet (black tank) and bathroom have a common sewer connection below the shore power connection. The kitchen sewer connection is behind the rear tires. Only the bathroom grey tank can be used to flush the hose after dumping the black tank unless you want to move the hose from the front sewer connection to the back sewer connection. I use two separate hoses and a Y connector to join them at the site's sewer connection.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    The 307 has two grey tanks- one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom. The toilet (black tank) and bathroom have a common sewer connection below the shore power connection. The kitchen sewer connection is behind the rear tires. Only the bathroom grey tank can be used to flush the hose after dumping the black tank unless you want to move the hose from the front sewer connection to the back sewer connection. I use two separate hoses and a Y connector to join them at the site's sewer connection.
    I have a 307MKS and this is exactly what I do with mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I ask how you all like your 307MKS? We have a deposit on one here in Fl and hopefully will be taking delivery in the next 2 weeks We did notice the 2 dump sites. Can you tell me what kind of "Y" you used? We will have a few times where we will be hooked up for more than a week so would be nice to have it all set up and just pull handles lol.
    Last edited by clinea3; 11-17-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

The bathroom grey tank pull rod is adjacent to the black tank pull rod on the lower face of the nautilus, and both tanks drain from the forward waste pipe. The kitchen sink grey tank has a separate drain valve and pipe to the rear, behind the dinette slide.
    Jon & Randi
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2017 F350 SB SRW diesel w/Andersen Ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clinea3 View Post
    May I ask how you all like your 307MKS? We have a deposit on one here in Fl and hopefully will be taking delivery in the next 2 weeks We did notice the 2 dump sites. Can you tell me what kind of "Y" you used? We will have a few times where we will be hooked up for more than a week so would be nice to have it all set up and just pull handles lol.
    We love our 307. Have over 8K miles on it traveling to California and Florida last season. Sticking to the Midwest this season.
    We've had many of the usual issues that you read about on this forum, but so far everything has been covered by warranty.

Here's the type of Y fitting that we use:
    Valterra F02-2030 3" Rotating Wye
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second that. Desk is useful and when needed provides additional floor space for temporary storage. At pick-up have dealer check to make sure all suspension wet bolts take grease. Looks like the 307 has been changed to the longer 320 with the front bed positioned sideways.
    Jon & Randi
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2017 F350 SB SRW diesel w/Andersen Ultimate hitch