User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DIRECTV

lilgardt

DIRECTV

Has anyone with directv put a slimline dish on a tripod? Or do you use a standard Directv dish...is so what kind of reception with a standard dish and HD TV? Does any of the auto carry outs work to receive HD from Directv? Any info would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DIRECTV

We have Directv and use the HD box with the 18" round dish on a tripod. We do not get the local channels.
    It's not as easy to set up as the standard boxes, but it works! After much practice you'll be a pro at setting up...Hubby is getting pretty good at finding the satellite.

Our friends have the standard box, and setup is a much easier. He points and listens to a beep on the box, with a display of % that tells him he's catching the signal.

Our box does not beep. If Bill doesn't hit the satellite on the first try then I have to watch the signal strength meters and they tell me if Tuner 1 is acquiring signal. It will display a % also.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

lilgardt

Re: DIRECTV

Renee...what quality of picture do you get with and HD TV and a standard 18" dish. I was wanting to bring along my Directv genie with the DVR in it.