Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some advice on slide ceiling trim

Question for GD or anyone with a suggestion.
    In my Momentum 348 above the 4 recliners in the door side slide there is a half circle wood piece that the LED lights mount to and is screwed to the slide out ceiling. My issue is that is keeps dropping down, I have screwed all the screws back in and it will raise back up, but over a day or so it slowly drops back down, even not moving. It is not falling off the ceiling yet, but looks like it will at some point, I marked with arrows the main places it is sagging, very pronounced in the center though. Any suggestion on how to secure it to the ceiling of the slid out, how thick is the ceiling? I was thinking maybe some type of wall anchor, maybe an expanding type or something like that, but want to be careful not to go though the ceiling. Figured I would thought I would try and pick your collective brains/experience.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ceiling dropping.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	5563
    Bryan
    2016 Momentum 348

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bs-smith View Post
    Question for GD or anyone with a suggestion.
    In my Momentum 348 above the 4 recliners in the door side slide there is a half circle wood piece that the LED lights mount to and is screwed to the slide out ceiling. My issue is that is keeps dropping down, I have screwed all the screws back in and it will raise back up, but over a day or so it slowly drops back down, even not moving. It is not falling off the ceiling yet, but looks like it will at some point, I marked with arrows the main places it is sagging, very pronounced in the center though. Any suggestion on how to secure it to the ceiling of the slid out, how thick is the ceiling? I was thinking maybe some type of wall anchor, maybe an expanding type or something like that, but want to be careful not to go though the ceiling. Figured I would thought I would try and pick your collective brains/experience.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ceiling dropping.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	5563
    Can you get some Gorilla Glue behind it? That stuff wil hold anything!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove screws one at a time, coat tips with glue, reinstall screw
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning. I have sent your message over to the regional service managers and have asked them to please reach out to you
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jessica.

LCBoyer, I dont know why I didnt think of that, that was the first thing I did to all the cabinet screws that were loose in the trailer, brain cramp I think . BTW, Springfield, MO here.
    Bryan
    2016 Momentum 348

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    Remove screws one at a time, coat tips with glue, reinstall screw
    Another tried and true method is to insert a couple of wooden toothpicks into the screw holes and break them off flush with the surface. Then reinsert the screws with glue as LC suggests. It will really tighten things up.

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The screws hold well in the wood soffet but are pulling out of the ceiling itself underneath, out of about 12 screws looks like about 3 are holding fairly firm but the weight of that and bouncing down the road are going to bring it down eventually you can tell. I havent pulled it yet to check the ceiling construction in the slide out, so not sure if there is a hollow space or it is solid, if hollow some type of anchor, maybe expanding, or if solid, thinking LCBoyers glue, and if stripped to much, toothpicks and glue. Not sure if Glue and toothpicks will hold it up there yet or not.

I didnt want to jump into it with something only to have it fall later and take a portion of the ceiling with it, appreciate all the suggestions.
    Bryan
    2016 Momentum 348

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, GD called me and emailed the blueprint for the sofa slide ceiling with the exact measurements for the studs, should be able to get a couple of screws into the studs and then glue and toothpicks or the screws just into the ceiling to keep them from backing out. That's my plan for now, thank you for the ideas, much appreciated.
    Bryan
    2016 Momentum 348

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad he was able to get you what you needed, have a great day
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*