User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unloaded Our 303 And The Weight Of items Inside, Basement, & Front Compartment Was ?

Before our 303 went indoors last week for "winter" storage, as we do every year, we completely unloaded it this year with the exception of a few rugs inside and cardboard protecting the basement floor carpet and carpet protecting the front compartment metal floor. Discussions about how heavy we load our RVs has come up every so often so I was curious about how much all the stuff we "always" keep inside weighed. Most items from inside were easily loaded into shopping type bags so the process was relatively easy. After each trip, we generally unload all clothing/shoes, food/beverages, unload the fridge, etc. so these items were not in the weights. I am sure these items would add another few hundred lbs. (or several hundred more if Carol worked her magic)

The inside weight came in at just shy of 400 lbs. and the basement and front compartment weighed in at about 450. I was anticipating about 1000 lbs. so we were not too far off. The basement and front compartment were loaded nearly full. The interior had about 1/2 room in the various small compartments in the TV area and above the theater seating open, along with nearly all the pantry/under bed/wardrobe slide available for the items we load and unload with most every trip previously mentioned.

Now when we re-load in the spring, will it be back in the 303......

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan,

Your "weighing stuff" exercise come out very close to my numbers doing the same thing .
    Starting with a 9,300 lb UVW and filling all the storage spaces gets to about 10,300 lbs.
    I don't know what folks carry, who claim to be at the 12,000 lb GVWR .
    I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

I think you hinted a while ago that you "might" be trading the 303 . . . what's on the top of your wish list ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - apologize for delay in responding but got busy with tree trimmers and other fall activity items and then I forgot to get back to you ! We are still thinking 376 as when Carol saw one in Feb. she really liked it for many reasons but mainly the front ent. area. I do not want to do the DRW P/U right now and know a SRW 3500 would be in that "red zone" and create as much forum posting consternation fun as tires, grease, hitches, and dare I say dual pane windows !!!

We love our 303 and GDRV leadership and support folks have been (and continue to be) spectacularly supportive and good to us like so many others........and we appreciate it VERY much !!! How often have we seen it over the decades that just when you think you got it figured out like the 376.......boom.....it changes to something else in the GDRV lineup. Stay tuned.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide