Quote Originally Posted by MaryHolderby View Post
I have seen a bunch of negative comments on towing with a Ford F150. We have a 2018 Ford F150 with 3.5L EcoBoost V6, 4X4, FX4, max trailer towing package, 4.55 axle. According to the email from Ford I received it has a towing capacity of 12700lbs. We are looking at a 297RSTS travel trailer. Will this pickup safely tow this trailer?
I have a 2017 f150 similar to yours (see my signature line for details). The main difference is that mine is a 4x2, and consequently my payload capacity is higher than yours, at a little over 2,000 lbs. I tow a 30' Imagine 2600RB (GVWR just under 7,000 lbs). With my 10,000 lb Equal-i-zer hitch properly adjusted, the f150 tows it quite easily with very little sway. (I've now towed this combination about 3,800 miles.) The one issue I do have is with "porpoising". I think the reason for this is that while the Max Tow Package (at least on the 2017's) beefs up the front end, it doesn't do anything for the rear suspension. So I'm now considering adding Timbren's SES or some other suspension "helper" to beef up the rear some to reduce the porpoising. I haven't made a firm decision on this yet, so I'm open to suggestions...