User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    Wondering if anyone has left the rocker switches in place and added the dimmer switches in series mounting them in the unused holes under the GD decal? I'm thinking about going that route when my dimmers and face plates arrive.
    See reply #47 in this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...tions!!!/page5

I had previously installed the lighted rocker switches so I added the dimmers and kept the rockers.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    See reply #47 in this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...tions!!!/page5

I had previously installed the lighted rocker switches so I added the dimmers and kept the rockers.
    I should have read all the posts in the thread, I got the part numbers and order info early in the thread, then watched a couple Youtube videos. Thank you for the info I overlooked.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the parts came in for the dimmer install, so I found some time to head over to the barn this weekend. Install was easy ( I kept the rocker switches in place and used the holes under the GD decal) and really like the results.
    Living room lights are "just right" at about 50% on the dimmer, awning adjustment will depend on how close our neighbors are at each campground.

Thank You to the folks that took the time to post the info on the install.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks,
    I'm in the process of adding dimmers to our 31MB. I swapped out the awning switch, which was super simple. I'm fairly proficient with electrical work, however I'm struggling with the blue illuminated ceiling light switch. The switch has the extra (12v?) connection and I'm curious, what is the correct wiring for this replacement dimmer?

Here's the switch I'm attempting to use: Amazon link

Here's the panel:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020 control panel.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	25072

Back of the switch:
    Top connection is ground, the middle is 12v when the switch is on or off. I've yet to register any voltage across the bottom connection. And yes, I've already added heat-shrink to the ground.

Name:	IMG_2314 (1).jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	25071

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top wire should be for lighted switch you will see it going to your tank heaters remove it you will know its the right one as the light for the switch will go out the switch will still work the lights abandon it tape up and secure it then you will be good I just did mine a few days ago works great
    Quote Originally Posted by Appfan View Post
    Hey Folks,
    I'm in the process of adding dimmers to our 31MB. I swapped out the awning switch, which was super simple. I'm fairly proficient with electrical work, however I'm struggling with the blue illuminated ceiling light switch. The switch has the extra (12v?) connection and I'm curious, what is the correct wiring for this replacement dimmer?

Here's the switch I'm attempting to use: Amazon link

Here's the panel:

Name:	2020 control panel.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	25072

Back of the switch:
    Top connection is ground, the middle is 12v when the switch is on or off. I've yet to register any voltage across the bottom connection. And yes, I've already added heat-shrink to the ground.

Name:	IMG_2314 (1).jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	25071
    Last edited by Yojohn; 03-05-2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: more information spelling

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojohn View Post
    The top wire should be for lighted switch you will see it going to your tank heaters remove it you will know its the right one as the light for the switch will go out the switch will still work the lights abandon it tape up and secure it then you will be good I just did mine a few days ago works great
    Thank you. I literally just saw the same explanation on a FB group. Can’t wait to finish this up, this weekend.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if you can use a 'short shaft' dimmer switch with Marty's 3 d printed switch plate? I emailed him but haven't heard back. I ordered the short instead of the long by accident and will need to start the return process before the return window closes. Thanks!
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the short shaft dimmer switches will not work. I know because I tried to install my switches this weekend and thought I had ordered the long shaft but quickly found out I ordered the short shaft. The nut will not secure on the threaded short shaft.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I’ve been scratching my head over how to wire this thing up. I knew one of the wires was a constant hot just not sure which one.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy Peezy upgrade. Marty will send you connectors to crimp on the dimmer wires if you request them when you order the plates from him.

I did 2 lights on the main panel and the bedroom overhead lights on my Reflection 337RLS.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast