User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King Antenna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Antenna

Hello everyone, I'm new to posting on the forum but have been reading the public posts for several weeks now. A couple weeks ago we purchased an Imagine 2800 BH from a dealer in Sacramento. It's been years since my wife and I have had or used a travel trailer and we are still trying to learn all the features in it. Today, I was trying to get a signal with the installed King antenna but couldn't get anything. After finding the instruction manual on king's website, I pulled the cover from around the antenna knob to discover there was no coax cable running from the antenna and no signal meter as displayed in the instruction manual. Is this supposed to be fully functional when I purchased the unit? I read through the instruction manual and it implies it is fully functional. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should have a coax cable
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Looks like I'll be calling GD tomorrow.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let me walk you through the process of getting a signal just in case you missed something. I'll discuss how to install a signal meter at the end of this post.

1. Open up the link below and enter the appropriate information. It will tell you the direction of any local TV transmitters and the signal strength.
    https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html

2. Rotate your antenna in the direction of the strongest transmitting station.

3. Turn on your signal booster. Yours is probably located in your bedroom. It is a small push button on the jack for the bedroom TV.

The following instructions are for my TCL television. If you have a different brand, you'll need to modify the instructions.
    4. Turn on the television.

5. Push the menu button on your remote and select "Input", "TV".

6. Push the menu button again. Scroll down to "Settings", Select "Channel", and Signal Source "Antenna". (Note: if you hook up to cable in the future, this is where you'll select "Cable" instead of "Antenna".

7. Push the menu button again. Scroll to "Settings", Select "Scan" and enter. The TV will start scanning for available channels.

8. Once the scan is complete, select a station you'd like to watch and adjust the antenna direction until you get the strongest signal.

I'll comment on this posting with information about an optional signal meter.

Jim

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I took my cover plate off, and there is no coax under the cover. Here's a picture of my antenna base with the cover removed:

When Grand Design purchases parts from suppliers, they often go with the least expensive option (cheapest) that they can get their hands on. The King antenna is no different. They selected a model with no signal meter. However, for about $28.00, you can get around this. I'm posting a link to a King meter that you can use with your current set up. Simply screw the coax to the bedroom antenna jack, turn on the antenna jack signal booster, and rotate the antenna. The LEDs will light up when you get the strongest signal. It's super easy, and eliminates having to guess which direction the strongest signal is.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

I appreciate the detailed instructions you gave me. They were way better than anything else I found online and even the King Antenna instruction manual. I scanned for channels multiple times with no luck. I think my problem is I'm in a rural area of northern CA and my nearest tower is about 65 miles away according to the website you linked in the previous post. Also, thanks for the information about the signal meter I can add.

Dave

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, there is a great app for your smart phone that will display the nearby antenna direction and distance:

The app is called "Digital TV Antennas"

Jim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's called "The Antenna Point App"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bet the cable pulled out when you turned it. Mine did the same as it is a very slim cable. I just ran the bigger cable to the antenna and it works fine.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdub1952 View Post
    Are you sure your signal booster is turned on?
    Hopefully they've got it figured out, since they started this thread a year and a half ago.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast