Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

Thanks Dave. That's what I was thinking. The truck already has a system, and I check the spare on the FW before a trip, so I'm just concerned with the FW tires on the ground while under way.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

I used my TST 507's on my Solitude today and they worked fine without a repeater. They really make traveling a little less difficult.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just placed order with TST
    $233
    Includes 3 year warranty

lbeck37
    We bought a TST system (before the flow-through sensors were available) 2 years ago after our first trailer (bought used, 10 year old tires) had a blow-out which I wasn't aware of until passing cars let us know! Luckily the blowout caused none of the possible catastrophic problems it could have. I bought sensors for my truck tires, too, and appreciate being able to accurately monitor them, especially since we are right at the limit on the backs at 80 PSI with the heavy pin weight of the Solitude. I would rather have the flow-through sensors, but it's really not much trouble to unscrew my existing sensors when I need to remove or add air. When we are going to be in a place for more than a day or two, I like to take the truck rears down from 80 to 45 PSI so it rides better and doesn't wear out the center of the tires, and then pump them back up before attaching the trailer. I really appreciate the security of the system and have never regretted the purchase. I have also found no need for a repeater. I did have a rubber valve stem crack and found there are "standard" and "heavy-duty" rubber stems with the heavy-duty ones having some sort of metal liner inside. The one that cracked was a standard one that should never have been installed when I got new tires on the truck. I haven't had any problems since then, but I will be installing all metal screw-together stems, like on the Solitude, on the truck next time I change tires. The weight of sensor on the end of the standard sensor was probably the cause of the cracking. I was very lucky that my wife heard the air leaking when we stopped for shopping, as the stem totally broke when the mechanic wiggled it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm taking the wheels/tires to have bolt-in metal valve stems installed and for balancing. I'm using the Xtra Seal stem 17-428 which will work with the recessed hole on the rims. Even though OEM valve stems have metal core for high pressure, they're still rubber mounted and flex quite a bit with the TST 507 flow-through sensor mounted.

Dave

http://www.31inc.com/Content/images/...ets/17-428.jpg
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I purchased the TST507 Flow Through system and installed them on the 337RLS yesterday before we headed home from our shakedown trip. They were easy to program and install. The monitor is maybe a little smaller than a deck of cards, and I mounted it above the rear view mirror with the suction cup mount. I could easily glance at the monitor to see the pressure in the tires, and it gave us a good piece of mind that the alarm would sound if there was a sudden change.

TST recommended that we'd probably need the repeater due to the length of the RV, but the system worked great without it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    TST recommended that we'd probably need the repeater due to the length of the RV, but the system worked great without it.
    Yeah Jim...TST got me to drink the Kool-aid with that repeater...not using as it seems to work fine without it. I'd still recommend that you replace the high pressure valve stems with the all metal bolt-in to reduce any chance whatsoever of a stem failure.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, they told me mine would not need the repeater - guess cause it's a little shorter. I did install the metal stems and balanced the tires.
    Floyd - Lake Tenkiller, OK (and occasionally Okla City)
    2014 Reflection 303RLS #9
    2020 Transend Xplor 221RB
    2016 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/HDPP and MaxTow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I might be adding this to my birthday wish list.
    Mike and Suzanne with Smokey and Bandit
    Travel in Tumbleweed
    Reflection 303
    2013 Ram 2500 (Black Pearl), 4 x 4, Crew Cab, Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel. 6 Speed Auto
    PullRite 15K SuperGlide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any advice on the TPMS System Repeater we have a 376TH and have the TPMS tire system but while using it on our first trip two of the tires keep going on and off of the 6 tires and figured it was the distance since the Momentum is 42 feet.

So I just purchased the Repeater but like to know the best location to place it, I was thinking of putting it in the front storage area and wiring it to the 12v inside light and when I turn the light on and inside the Repeater should come on and when I turn it off the Repeater should go off, any suggestion on the best place I do not want to wire to the battery since the battery disconnect would turn everything off except for the repeater and would drain the battery.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast