User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just purchased new Tire Minder system from Amazon, no ratings on this new tire monitor from Tire Minder. Will let group know how it works in about month after next camping trip. It was much less than TST-507 system and if it does not work well I will return it to Amazon and get TST-507. My camping buddy had blow out on his camper during our last camping trip and destroyed 2 tires, 1 rim and slight damage to camper. You never know when you have flat on tire until it is too late and usually end up with lots of damage. If you can catch it as soon at flat occurs less likely to destroy other tire and damage your camper.
    Have a Imagine 2250RK which is 3 feet longer than recommended length of camper for this unit but hoping it works.

https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Minder-P...itoring+system

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClowcColorado View Post
    Any advice on the TPMS System Repeater we have a 376TH and have the TPMS tire system but while using it on our first trip two of the tires keep going on and off of the 6 tires and figured it was the distance since the Momentum is 42 feet.

So I just purchased the Repeater but like to know the best location to place it, I was thinking of putting it in the front storage area and wiring it to the 12v inside light and when I turn the light on and inside the Repeater should come on and when I turn it off the Repeater should go off, any suggestion on the best place I do not want to wire to the battery since the battery disconnect would turn everything off except for the repeater and would drain the battery.
    I put my repeater in the front storage compartment. Very easy to install there with double-sided tape and easy access to the battery. If you want to use the system with multiple trailers you'd probably want to mount the repeater under the back of the truck and tap into the trailer wiring for power.

I think the repeater is mandatory for the TST systems because they don't give any indication that communication has been lost with a sensor. It will go an hour after the last message from a sensor before giving an indication there is a problem.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ I also installed the repeater in the front storage compartment on the wall above the relay (black) box. I also installed an on/off switch next to the leveling system controller. This reminds me to turn it on and off at the start and end of each trip.

Big difference, night and day, compared with not using it. I could never get all six transmitters to respond to the monitor. Now I can read all six and they connect to the monitor faster.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    ^^^ I also installed the repeater in the front storage compartment on the wall above the relay (black) box. I also installed an on/off switch next to the leveling system controller. This reminds me to turn it on and off at the start and end of each trip.

Big difference, night and day, compared with not using it. I could never get all six transmitters to respond to the monitor. Now I can read all six and they connect to the monitor faster.
    Will give it try in compartment also, like idea of on/off switch since I use solar power to keep battery charged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    I put my repeater in the front storage compartment. Very easy to install there with double-sided tape and easy access to the battery. If you want to use the system with multiple trailers you'd probably want to mount the repeater under the back of the truck and tap into the trailer wiring for power.

I think the repeater is mandatory for the TST systems because they don't give any indication that communication has been lost with a sensor. It will go an hour after the last message from a sensor before giving an indication there is a problem.
    I too bought a TireMinder TPMS system from Amazon. We have the 303RLS. I installed it in the front compartment on the back wall close to the light in the middle of the back wall. The light has power to it constantly regardless of the source, shore, battery or truck. I connected, to the input wires to the light, a lighted switch and from the switch to the repeater. When I put my blocks away I make sure it's turned on, the switch lights up and the repeater light comes on. I have had no trouble at all receiving data in the truck cab. All is good.
    Richard and Susan - Calgary, Alberta. Canada.
    2017 Reflections 303RLS
    2014 Dodge Ram 3500HD Mega Cab 4x4 6.7L Turbo Cummins Diesel with a short box.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to use 4 pin trailer wire to power booster and wire tie it next to camper power connection. When I plug in 7 pin trailer connection in to truck will plug in 4 pin to truck also, this way booster will always have power when truck is connected to camper and no power when disconnected from truck. You only need to use the power and ground on 4 pin trailer connector, will cut the other 2 wires. Not sure where I will mount booster, have several choices.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buckskin - This plan sounds kind of complicated. The booster has very low power draw. TireMinder recommends wiring it to constant 12V and leaving it on all the time. Mine is on whenever the trailer is powered up. BTW, there is no power feed in the 4 pin trailer connector. Just turn signals and brake lights.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schofie View Post
    I too bought a TireMinder TPMS system from Amazon. We have the 303RLS. I installed it in the front compartment on the back wall close to the light in the middle of the back wall. The light has power to it constantly regardless of the source, shore, battery or truck. I connected, to the input wires to the light, a lighted switch and from the switch to the repeater. When I put my blocks away I make sure it's turned on, the switch lights up and the repeater light comes on. I have had no trouble at all receiving data in the truck cab. All is good.
    That a great idea. Thanks

Mike

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Going to use 4 pin trailer wire to power booster and wire tie it next to camper power connection. When I plug in 7 pin trailer connection in to truck will plug in 4 pin to truck also, this way booster will always have power when truck is connected to camper and no power when disconnected from truck. You only need to use the power and ground on 4 pin trailer connector, will cut the other 2 wires. Not sure where I will mount booster, have several choices.
    ??

There is no power lead on a 4-pin trailer connector.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    ??

There is no power lead on a 4-pin trailer connector.
    Left turn/brake, right turn/brake, running lights & ground.

Rob

Edit: Whoops . . . Sorry John, thought that was a question . . .
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast