User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't thinking, you are right - there is no power unless you run with lights on. Will wire to battery with on/off switch I guess. Thanks for correcting me and saving me some time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also recommend the TST 507 flow through system. I have had a tough time finding metal valve stems for my OEM aluminum rear outer dual rear wheels. Read of too many leaking problems with the way GM has shaped the hole where the valve stem is. TST just came out with a new model to their internal 507 sensors that mount on a big adjustable clamp inside the rim....no valve stem problems to worry about. I have flow through sensors on the fifth wheel and front wheels of the truck. Going to the tire shop tomorrow to have these rear wheel sensors installed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180410_205908.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	12219
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got in the new solar tire pressure monitor from Tire Minder, bought from Amazon. Installed push button on/off switch on outside battery box along with fuse for safey. Mounted booster on jack post with on light facing up to remind me to cut off when not using, used wire ties. I have Imagine 2250RK parked under carport at back of garage and monitor reads tire sensors when trucks is parked inside garage. I was impressed with how simple it was to setup. Took one sensor and put on car to make sure it was working, started flashing warning right away. Real test comes on trip to Florida in a week. If it doesn't it will be returned to Amazon when we get back next month. Please see attached photos.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:	PHOTO_20180414_061230.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	12285

Name:	ON-Off.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	12300

Name:	PHOTO_20180414_061441.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	12287
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PHOTO_20180414_061430.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for this information!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done searches and cant really come up with a general consensus of who has the best TPMS on the market these days? This past summer I purchased an InnoTech (for RV's) tire pressure monitoring system https://mechanicguides.com/best-tire-pressure-systems/ for my '00 Suncruiser 35u mainly because I thought it was smart insurance to have. I had the system up and running with new batteries in all of the sensors and got the impression on our 1st outing that there might be a significant delay in showing differences in temp and pressure on the hand held head unit. It was definitely not real time like I had anticipated. This was confirmed by actually having an outer rear dualy blow out on the way home of this 1st trip. What are the odds, right?! Prior to the blowout everything looked normal on the monitor. No hi/low pressures, no flux in pressures, no temp differences, etc... I understand that a puncture or rupture style blowout might happen too quickly for the sensors to catch it but mine didn't start beeping at me until we had got the coach stopped, out to assess the damage, and back inside the unit. I was holding the hand held unit this entire time wondering why it was still reading good pressure and temp. The tire was off the bead when I got out of the coach so it's not like there was residual pressure that could be tricking the sensor. Anyway, sorry for the winded rant. What's everyone using and what actually works? I'm not impressed with the InnoTechRV unit I purchased.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the TST system, and like it; however, I haven't had any tire problems (yet). The readings it gives correlate well with the gauge I use prior to each day's driving.

I had the opportunity to attend a seminar with the TST guys at the Elkhart rally, and learned this about the way their system works. This doesn't necessarily apply to other systems.

The sensors are always on while they are attached to a tire. For long storage, remove the sensors and they will shut off.
    Under stable conditions, the sensors only send a message once every four minutes to conserve battery.
    When they sense a rapid change or hit any limit (over / under pressure, or over temp), they send immediately instead of waiting for the next scheduled transmission.

This four minute interval is why when I turn the system on the pressures won't all show for several minutes.
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using the TST TM-507SE system for 2 years and have found it to be very reliable. I see that there is some concern about the response time during a pressure loss. The unit only updates the pressure every 3-5 minutes on each tire. I have found this to be quite acceptable during a slow leak. If there is a sudden drop of pressure then that sensor gets immediate priority and reports the problem instantly. Mine works well without a repeater. I have learned that when I lose a sensor that it is due to a low battery. You should replace the batteries yearly. When not in use you can remove the sensor from the tire and that disconnects the battery so there is no current drain. I have found that I should check the tightness of the sensor on the stem every 4-5 days of travel as they have worked loose on me a couple of times. My only complaint would be that it is a little complicated to program. Their customer support is excellent. They stayed on line and helped step me through the programming until all sensors were working.

Hope this info is useful...........Don
    Linda & Don & Patches (the wicked step-dog)
    Morton
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram Crew Cab 6.4L HEMI, SRW 2wd
    Anderson Ultimate hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought the TST 507 from TechnoRV. No need for repeater... Works great. Love the flow through sensors
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenife View Post
    I've done searches and cant really come up with a general consensus of who has the best TPMS on the market these days? This past summer I purchased an InnoTech (for RV's) tire pressure monitoring system https://mechanicguides.com/best-tire-pressure-systems/ for my '00 Suncruiser 35u mainly because I thought it was smart insurance to have. I had the system up and running with new batteries in all of the sensors and got the impression on our 1st outing that there might be a significant delay in showing differences in temp and pressure on the hand held head unit. It was definitely not real time like I had anticipated. This was confirmed by actually having an outer rear dualy blow out on the way home of this 1st trip. What are the odds, right?! Prior to the blowout everything looked normal on the monitor. No hi/low pressures, no flux in pressures, no temp differences, etc... I understand that a puncture or rupture style blowout might happen too quickly for the sensors to catch it but mine didn't start beeping at me until we had got the coach stopped, out to assess the damage, and back inside the unit. I was holding the hand held unit this entire time wondering why it was still reading good pressure and temp. The tire was off the bead when I got out of the coach so it's not like there was residual pressure that could be tricking the sensor. Anyway, sorry for the winded rant. What's everyone using and what actually works? I'm not impressed with the InnoTechRV unit I purchased.
    I'll bet the sensor wasn't reaching the display. That is my only gripe with the TST. If the entire wheel falls off, there is no indication on the display. This is likely to avoid nuisance alerts when the signal is temporarily lost due to interfence, but it can be a big deal. Mine works fine without the booster, but I installed the booster to help avoid unknown loss of signal.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the TST as well and do not have the booster currently hooked up. However I occasionally have lost the signal for a brief moment so I plan on hooking it up for next year since it came with it. I'm happy with the monitor so far especially when it detected one of my tires getting a lot hotter then the other 3. I pulled the tire and sure enough some of the brake components broke and was chewy up the magnet and drum. If I would not had the monitor on I'm sure I would of had a major issue at the most in convent time.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234