User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 375RES after delivery I noticed the springs had negative arch. After some discussions GD told dealer to replace springs. I'm wondering if this is a result of above failures. Now the issue is the new springs cause the rig to sit too high. I leveled the rig using only the front jacks and it now measures 13' 8.5 in high. Dealer is in the process of contact GD for how to lower back to a legal 13' 6" as stated on pamphlet and legal requirement east of the Mississippi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just experienced the "busted spring" problem on the driver side rear wheel on my 2017 Solitude MBS. I asked the dealer the same question about the Morryde equalizer as an upgrade over the Equaflex. They told me the Morryde's, that they actually carry, have had problems and been subject to recall. He didn't recommend, but I also am looking at adding Joyrider shocks and the dealer said they would do more to help support the springs, especially over bad roads. He said the Joyriders look better than the LCI shocks, but the shop foreman said it is 50/50 whether they would install without rubbing the tires.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer331 View Post
    They told me the Morryde's, that they actually carry, have had problems and been subject to recall.
    That's the first I've heard about it. I checked the Fed recall page and I couldn't find any listings for MorRyde recalls. Did the dealer give you any more information on that? I'm running on MorRyde equalizers, wet bolts and shackles, and if there is a recall, I'd sure like to know about it.

Jim

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    That's the first I've heard about it. I checked the Fed recall page and I couldn't find any listings for MorRyde recalls. Did the dealer give you any more information on that? I'm running on MorRyde equalizers, wet bolts and shackles, and if there is a recall, I'd sure like to know about it.

Jim
    No recalls on NHTSA web site for MOR/ryde. Sound like dealer BS to me...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone called mor/ryde?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I just did a quick search and found several threads discussion broken springs.

It's important to note that GDRV switched to Dexter springs on all models starting around the first of September, 2017. It will be interesting to see if the broken spring issue goes away.

Jim
    Very good point Jim, That statistic would be very interesting. Those units having Dexter suspensions not having any problems with broken springs or equal-flex units going bad.
    I am following all this info on LCI suspensions. We must be blessed with our Imagine 2950RL. Haven't had any problems with it. It had 4400# axles to start with and I installed the MORryde CRE 3000 and shackle / wet bolt upgrade. Seems to be operating fine so far. What was it, the 2800BH had weerker axles that started to have problems and they upgraded those to 4400# axles?

Doesn't bode well for LCI. I noticed that on the video the Solitude 3350RL had equal-flex but should have Dexter axles and springs, right?. That may make up our minds on a new RV.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12