User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question "Check trailer brake" and "Trailer brake not connected" issue with 2015 Ram dually

Hi everyone. We just picked up our 2018 Momentum 376th and had an immediate issue with a dash warning coming on - check trailer brake and trailer brake not connected for about 5 second before clearing. My husband seems to think when we would hit a bump it would trigger the warning. It would always clear, but would come back, and since it was so quick and we were driving on flat ground he could not tell if the brakes on the trailer were actually not working for that moment. Double checked the 7 pin connection in the bed and all seems fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

We have a 2015 Ram Dually which we previously towed a 2015 5th wheel Fuzion toyhauler, 16,500 max tow weight. We never had an issue with the OEM brake controller. Thank you, we appreciate it.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just went through the same thing on my Ford F350. On our last trip, it was happening every 30 minutes or so, and would last for a few seconds. When I got to our destination, I sprayed the contacts on the truck and trailer connections with WD-40, then I inserted a screwdriver into the plug on the trailer and slightly bent the connector pins so that there was tighter contact. It never happened again on the way home.

Jim