Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just left for the weekend. Our first trip out. I took a picture but I don't see any way to attach it to the post. If I can get my laptop on later I'll try to get it posted.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never could get on the internet to upload the photos from the campground. Here they are now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171117_142808.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	10554

Name:	20171117_142742.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	10555

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pictures Ace. I like how that turned out. I don't have enough clearance above or below the TV. What speaker is that and what size TV if you don't mind? Also, what model Momentum?

I just finished my install, putting the Sony HT-CT800 system in the wall mounted configuration in my 328M. I was able to pull the fireplace surround using some automotive trim removal tools. I got all the nails out and replaced them with a few trim screws. I drilled two 1.5" holes near the top for the cables to route through and one 1.5" hole in the counter-top behind the TV to bring the cables up out of the fireplace box. The sub fits nicely behind the seating.

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 12.44.31 AM.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	10562

I had to chisel out two vertical grooves in the raised border of the surround so I could maximize how close the speakers are to the TV since they have to slide down onto the screws for mounting.

It sounds amazing, so much better than the TV speakers. A nice feature of the CT800 is 3 HDMI inputs, so I have the built-in receiver, a blu-ray player and a free cable to connect to my iPhone to an HDMI dongle for streaming. Maybe I'll connect an Apple TV as a more permanent solution in the future.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what size the TV is but the sticker on the back says TCL 49 d100lcaa. Maybe it's a 49"?
    My Momentum is a 394M.
    The speaker bar is LG SH7B 41" 4.1. I got it from Costco for $350. It may be a little overpowered for the space but its the lowest profile speaker bar I could find.

I have a corner piece to the couch that is hollow underneath so I put the sub in there. It's a small sub so it doesn't rattle the trailer but it fills in the lows nicely and adds a little thump feel since its right under the couch.

My favorite feature is that the sound bar has HDMI ARC so it turns on and off with the tv and the TV remote controls it and my blue-ray player so I don't have to keep a bunch of remotes out. I ran the blue-ray into the TV and unplugged the one that comes from the radio/DVD unit in the cabinet above. I may try plugging it into the sound bar, I'm not sure if it will pass the video through to the TV though. There are only 2 HDMI ports on my soundbar.
    I haven't figured out a good place to mount the blue-ray player yet. I wanted to put it up in the cabinet but there is no power up there.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, well it looks great and it is very low profile. I don’t think I saw that one in our Costco. I also think my tv must be mounted a little differently. I have minimal clearanc above or below. I think we have the same TV and yes, it’s a 49”, I measured it while figuring out the speaker location.

You could drill a 1.5” hole in the bottom of the cabinet to drop power behind the tv. That’s what I’m considering doing if the Blu-Ray player will even fit. Seems my Jensen is broken. I put a number of standard dvds in and it just reads loading forever.

I didn’t realize the tv was arc capable. I’ll have to see which port that is. My speakers are also supposed to have that ability, which would be a nice feature.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the speaker bar attached with 5 x 5lb command strips. It wouldn't hold it up there so I moved the TV up an inch and a half so that its right under the cabinet and now the speaker bar sits on the countertop under the tv.
    This setup has the added benefit of hiding the wires that kept trying to sneak out under the tv too.

Name:	20171130_152051.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	10637

Name:	20171130_152109.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	10638

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ace, how does it look? I was thinking of doing the same thing to our new Imagine. Need to get the tv sound up into the roof speakers which are crap too. I just need to spend more time tinkering as we just got it.

Thanks!
    Rick & B
    2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 4x4 6.7L, LB, SRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS Fifth Wheel
    Pullrite Superlite 20K

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks good and it just fits perfectly.
    If you switch the jensen unit to HDMI arc mode it plays the tv sound through the speakers

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace85340 View Post
    I had the speaker bar attached with 5 x 5lb command strips. It wouldn't hold it up there so I moved the TV up an inch and a half so that its right under the cabinet and now the speaker bar sits on the countertop under the tv.
    This setup has the added benefit of hiding the wires that kept trying to sneak out under the tv too.
    I saw the command strips and wondered how they would hold up over time. I like the new setup and the appearance. How did you move the TV? Did you have to re-drill for the mount or was there some adjustment in the arm?

I'm using the same style power strip to handle all the power plugs behind the TV.
    2018 Momentum 328M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trueweb View Post
    I saw the command strips and wondered how they would hold up over time. I like the new setup and the appearance. How did you move the TV? Did you have to re-drill for the mount or was there some adjustment in the arm?

I'm using the same style power strip to handle all the power plugs behind the TV.
    The command strips held it fine until it was driving down the road. I think they would have worked even then if they were mounted on a wall instead of under the cabinet. That force pulling apart is not what they were designed for.

I just unscrewed the TV mount from the wall, slid it up and drove the screws in again. The wall is soft and they go in easy. The backer board seems to cover most of the area behind the TV.
    If you plan on doing that yourself make sure you level the plate that mounts to the TV and not the plate that attaches to the wall. There is quite a difference between them and I didn't do it that way the first time. One corner of the TV was almost an inch higher than the other with it leveled at the wall.
    There isn't any play, the arm just isn't square.

Removing the TV from the arm is easy. Remove the bottom two screws then loosen the top two a couple turns. Then you can just lift the TV up off the arm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast