User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Under Chassis Storage

Has anyone installed the Lippert Under Chassis Storage. They look convenient and I think I could get one installed below the fuel tank or all the way in the rear on my 328M. Probably would go for under the tank in case the rear would drag.

I've been checking out all the sites and etrailer has some nice measurements. The problem is the frame rails on the 328 are about 77" apart and the measurements on the storage unit are 71" for the brackets. How would one go about making up that distance and securely mounting them? Looking for any hints or examples of having it done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storage1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	10480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storage2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	10481

Thanks!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at those and they look like they are just plastic bins sitting in a channel frame. No bearings or rollers for that price and there isn't anywhere on my trailer that I could access both sides of it so half of it would be wasted.
    I'm just going to build my own and have it up front just behind the generator and battery area.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AVOID THIS P.O.S. It is a heavy, expensive, no good piece of JUNK.
    Looked great to me when I bought my previous Forest River Sierra 5er. I thought it would be a great way to store the dirty stuff - you know, sewer hoses, outdoor toys, etc. What a mistake.
    The geniuses at Lippert never considered rain when they designed this. Even though it sits under everything, it's sticks out on the sides just enough to catch water coming down the side skirt of the camper wall. The tops of the storage containers do not shed water and instead channel it right into the box. There's no drain holes in the bottom of the containers either. Everything you put into it will get wet - well more like sit submerged in a bath of water until you needed something out of the drawer and try to pull out the drawer and are greeted by a tub full of water.
    I was so disappointed with this product because it had such potential, and with a small change to how they mold the plastic containers it would be great, but it's been 5 years now and they still have the same crappy design.
    Maybe if you get one that's recessed from your camper wall by at least 6 inches you'll have a better experience than I had, but for the money I'd get a rack for the back of the trailer and some Rubbermaid Roughneck containers instead.
    Lee and Sandi
    2018 GD Reflection 150 Series 290BH
    2017 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve 4x4 Gas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper_nj View Post
    AVOID THIS P.O.S. It is a heavy, expensive, no good piece of JUNK.
    Looked great to me when I bought my previous Forest River Sierra 5er. I thought it would be a great way to store the dirty stuff - you know, sewer hoses, outdoor toys, etc. What a mistake.
    The geniuses at Lippert never considered rain when they designed this. Even though it sits under everything, it's sticks out on the sides just enough to catch water coming down the side skirt of the camper wall. The tops of the storage containers do not shed water and instead channel it right into the box. There's no drain holes in the bottom of the containers either. Everything you put into it will get wet - well more like sit submerged in a bath of water until you needed something out of the drawer and try to pull out the drawer and are greeted by a tub full of water.
    I was so disappointed with this product because it had such potential, and with a small change to how they mold the plastic containers it would be great, but it's been 5 years now and they still have the same crappy design.
    Maybe if you get one that's recessed from your camper wall by at least 6 inches you'll have a better experience than I had, but for the money I'd get a rack for the back of the trailer and some Rubbermaid Roughneck containers instead.
    I would agree with most of this post, but I bought this P.O.S., anyway. The one I got also has a spare tire carrier in the middle of it. I did have to do some fabrication to get it mounted underneath my frame. One mistake I made was that I should have mounted it closer to the axels, to provide more ground clearance. They do trap water, but I just drilled some enlarged drain holes. I use them for my 50 amp cords. I do cover the ends with plastic bags when stored. As long as you don't put heavy items in the drawers, you should be ok.

Are they worth the money ? No, but I also run a boat on Lake Erie, so I'm used to paying too much money for anything related to these types of recreation.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These looked like a good idea to me until I did some homework on the interwebs. Several folks remarked that the mounting holes didn't line up with their frame rails. It appears the unit may have been designed for the wider bodied, 8'-6", trailers. This might be just enough to have them hanging out too far and collecting water. This and one other clue caused me to pass. The other clue........... Lippert!