Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV sound through the Furion stereo

Anyone know how to do this? Trying it for now till I get a sound bar. Thought the tech showing me around during pdi did that.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to run a TosLink digital cable from the digital out on the back of the tv to the input on the rear of the stereo. This will provide a sound feed from whatever is on the screen of the TV to the stereo for play on one of your inputs. The DVD player or what ever else is in the stereo head unit otherwise is the only things you can play through the speakers without running a digital cable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I did was run a long RCA cable (red & white ) from the audio out on the TV to the AUX in on the Furrion. Remove the drawers to help in "snaking" the wires up the back to the Furrion. Not sure what model you have and each will be a little different.

I used the RCA cables because I had an extra one that was also long enough to use. The Toslink may be a better solution in that you could use that cable whenever you upgrade to a sound bar.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 Imagine 2950RL
    2008 Tundra CrewMax 5.7

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Moved thread to "Reflection Electrical" section.

Jim - Moderator

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Momentum. The guy that installed our satellite dish was able to do it.....no additional cables or anything. He said "oh you have bluetooth, it should be possible" and about that quick he had it coming through the soundbar. We've not been able to get it to do it since then.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Furrion stereo/DVD player connects to my TV with an HDMI cable. On the TV, HDMI 2 is enabled for ARC, which stands for Audio Return Channel. You have to go into the TV menu to enable external audio output, and select ARC on the Furrion stereo. I have a 2018 Reflection 303 RLS, so I'm assuming the 337FPS will have the same setup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I have a Momentum. The guy that installed our satellite dish was able to do it.....no additional cables or anything. He said "oh you have bluetooth, it should be possible" and about that quick he had it coming through the soundbar. We've not been able to get it to do it since then.
    JCZ, I have had problems with my Bluetooth staying connected as well. I have found that I have to reset (push in the little reset button) the Furrion unit for my phone to be able to reconnect so I can stream music. You might give that a shot and see if your TV picks it back up...
    Ben & Camille
    2022 Ford F450 King Ranch
    B&W Factory Puck 5th Wheel Hitch
    2016 Reflection 303RLS 4/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for bluetooth applications i just use my 5.1 soundbar system....much much better then the stock speakers. I asked this before i got my surrround.....never going back! LOL
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did this without any wiring. Make sure the HDMI cable from your Furrion is plugged into the TV’s HDMI for ARC. On our TCL 40D100 this is HDMI 2. Then go to your TV’s menu SETTINGS/HDMI CEC. Turn on CEC Control then turn on Audio Receiver. This will disable the TV speakers and enable the overhead speakers.

Of course the overhead speakers are poor. We replaced them with JBL Marine MS6510 speakers for a much improved sound. Now all we need is a decent subwoofer.
    Ken & Linda
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2013 Ford F250 4X4 Supercab 6.2L V8