User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Looks like a lot of room for crock pots in these rigs.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly where we put the cage for our our small dog, under the desk in our 320. There's plenty of room for it and a chair.

The island doesn't block at all the view from the theater seats. I can also see it from the dining table. The island does block the view of the fireplace from the dining area.

We love the layout of the 320. It is really nice.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bob for the reply, but we've decided on a different route.
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got nothing to add other than to say that we love the 320 and are saving up for one!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a strictly engineering point of view, I bought a 307 MKS INSTEAD of the more popular 303 RLS for the following reasons.
    IDK if any of these design parameters have changed since my purchase on 2/2/17 , but this was my reasoning then.

The 307 is built with a 10" I-beam frame instead of the 8" on the 303.

The 303 had a weight disparity of several hundred pounds between the two opposing slides due to the frig, entertainment and galley weight.
    The two slides on the 307 are nearly identical in weight due to the frig being located at the rear of the coach.
    303 owners comically referred to this as the " Lean to the Left Club"

Due to the 2,500 # springs, which were attached to the 303's 5,200# axles and 15 " wheels, many concerns of galley slide suspension problems were logged here.
    The 307 is built with 6,000# axles giving it 3,000# springs, (a much stronger suspension), as well as having 16" wheels..... AND a 6K to 8K Equa-Flex suspension component.
    This build also added a few more inches of height making for copious under trailer access and valuable road clearance in road and curb dips. A rear lifesaver sometimes.

All of this was incorporated into a trailer with a GVW of 9,875 lbs, and a GVWR of 12,995 lbs AND only 1,600 pin weight !
    This allows for almost 3,000 lbs of carrying capacity.
    Now I NEVER carry even half that much weight... BUT I like knowing the trailer is built strong enough all around, to do so.
    This amounts to much less diagonal stresses and a overall stronger structure to withstand the twists, bends and turns over the various geographic terrains...IMHO.

The water tank placement also balances the trailer, fore and aft, for a equally defined and smooth towing experience with no fish-tailing and little side-winding between the big tandem trailers on the windy interstates ..... and I've circumnavigated the entire US twice, so got some experience with that !!
    Nothing better than fitting in all the state and federal parks at just over 32', as well !

From a purely aesthetic perspective, the floor plan of the 303 was just too generic for my tastes.

I personally love having a 36" full length window over the Corian counter adjacent to the stove, where we prepare food .....and I love to cook.
    Also, I absolutely needed the desk setup for my laptop and photo electronics hobby, (which is right next to the frig), so I can easily just roll over to grab a nice cold beer !!
    When you add the outside kitchen and outdoor LED TV, it was a clear winner for me and I am happy I found it .

To each his own, I guess, but I just wanted to give us 307/320 owners some braggin' rights ...

Thanks all,
    Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of good features that definitely make a lot of sense. Especially the beer part. If only they could find a way to put the table and chairs on the other side It would be great.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same thing at first, but lots of rigs are set up this way nowadays. You get used to it.

Having the frig next to stove and prep counter in front of the sink makes meal prep a localized snap.

I had a setup like the 303 where the prep area was against bathroom wall and found it cumbersome to prepare meals in two places.

Just my preference....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael - just noticed this thread, but what a great post by you on the 307MKS. I appreciate the frame / axle n springs info. Didn't know we were at such an advantage over other models. Some chuckle at the desk till they notice the dog pen n food bowls neatly stashed. We all travel with man's best friend! It has a great floor plan for those that like to cook and friends are not in the way while they visit n watch TV or go in and out.
    Us MKS'rs are kinda a cult anyway. ��
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael - As an engineer, I sure appreciate the detailed info! Factored into our decision to buy a 307 last month. We also like the 303's and 320's, but the 320 is too much for our truck.

Does anyone know why GD stopped making 307's and how many were made? It was a great find for us.
    Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that this is a still active thread at 3 yrs. I like our 307, but I always wondered why the floor plan wasn’t flipped. This would have given more glass on the curb side to view family and friends under the awning instead of the neighbor and our stinky slinky’s
    Ed
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast