Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337RLS LED Light Strip!

On our last trip out I noticed that leds are going dim on our main led light strip above the entrance door. This strip sits directly behind the rollout awning. When we purchased our 2018 337RLS the dealer pointed out not to turn lights on with awning rolled in because it will cause them to burn out. Anyone else been told this? For this reason we have made sure they are only turned on when awning is rolled out. Still they are going out. Have had unit for six months and love it. I'm sure dealer will replace strip under warranty but hope this is not a reoccurring issue. Our previous unit had led lights out on the awning rollout bar and they constantly burned out. I was under the impression that the led strips attached to wall would last a lot longer. Have had no problems with the led light strip on the slide. This strip is mounted under the awning whereas the main led light strip above door is mounted behind awning. Appreciate any info you can provide.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all due respect to the dealer, that's an idiotic statement. OK, that really included no respect. Anyway, there's so little current and no discernible heat from an LED strip, that advice means nothing. We've operated ours with the awning in many positions, with no issues. Besides, why would manufacturers install lights in such a way that is guaranteed to be misused, if it were really an issue? You know dealers are making stuff up when you see their lips moving.

However, we've had LED light strips misbehave in our house. They are cheap electronics made by Chinese slave labor, so you're going to get bad ones from time to time. I suspect the strip is defective and after replacing it, you'll never think about it again. That has been our experience.
    2017 Reflection 29RS, towed by 2013 F-350 Diesel King Ranch, Crew Cab, short Bed, with Andersen Ultimate 2 Hitch
    540w Solar, 4x6 Trojan T105's, MS2812 Magnum Energy inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2030-RV and SC-2030
    WeBoost 4G-M cell booster, DirecTV portable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They go bad
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places