Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added Slide-out topper to door side slide-out

I had my regular RV Repair Shop in Ottawa add a black Slide-out Topper to my door side slide-out to match the other slide-out toppers. These are the following Dometic parts numbers:
    • Dometic Slide Topper Part # 9801fJ.162U
    • Dometic Slide Topper Part # 9800018.401

These Dometic parts permit the installation of a 162" long slide topper and appropriate hardware without it interfering with the Grand Design RV factory installed power awning. The topper is approximately 2" shorter than the slide-out frame but it still covers the slide-out roof effectively.

I was disappointed that Grand Design RV did not install slide-out toppers on all 3 slide-outs. Either you put toppers on ALL slide-outs or none at all because you have to worry about the weather conditions when extending the slide-outs because of that one slid-out without the topper to protect it from the weather. Also that one topper-less slide-out still brings in dirt, leaves etc. from the outside when you retract the slide-out. Furthermore, it cost me more money to install it after market than ordering it with my trailer from Grand Design RV.

But I still Love my Solitude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Topper Full View.JPG   Topper LHS.JPG   Topper  RHS.JPG  
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.