User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added Slide-out topper to door side slide-out

I had my regular RV Repair Shop in Ottawa add a black Slide-out Topper to my door side slide-out to match the other slide-out toppers. These are the following Dometic parts numbers:
    • Dometic Slide Topper Part # 9801fJ.162U
    • Dometic Slide Topper Part # 9800018.401

These Dometic parts permit the installation of a 162" long slide topper and appropriate hardware without it interfering with the Grand Design RV factory installed power awning. The topper is approximately 2" shorter than the slide-out frame but it still covers the slide-out roof effectively.

I was disappointed that Grand Design RV did not install slide-out toppers on all 3 slide-outs. Either you put toppers on ALL slide-outs or none at all because you have to worry about the weather conditions when extending the slide-outs because of that one slid-out without the topper to protect it from the weather. Also that one topper-less slide-out still brings in dirt, leaves etc. from the outside when you retract the slide-out. Furthermore, it cost me more money to install it after market than ordering it with my trailer from Grand Design RV.

But I still Love my Solitude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Topper Full View.JPG   Topper LHS.JPG   Topper  RHS.JPG  
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Added Slide-out topper to door side slide-out

Awesome! I have had slide toppers on my last 2 TT, but am still up in the air on my Momentum. I have mixed feelings about them. We will see..... But at least for you you were able to find a solution to your problem.
    Korey SE WI
    2014 Denali 3500HD LML DRW 4wd FS Airbags 20k Reese
    2014 Momentum 385TH #1396
    2013 Manitou SES VP 150hp Mercury 4 stroke
    Volunteer Firefighter Since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this information. We want to add toppers to our unit but were told there was not enough clearance to add them to the door slide out.
    I'll go back now with the parts numbers.