Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face GD Quality

As I said in my shakedown thread we could not any quality issues or system operation issues. Grand design has done a great job in design, manufacturing, and support. A couple of people actually thought we had custom ordered the unit. Hope the OP will find what they want! As far as we are concerned we made the correct decision.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

jaw3336
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    or the expensive MCD roller shades like the motorhomes use. Are you willing to pay an extra $2000 for window shades?
    Big Country offers these as a $1000 upgrade. Why would they be $2000? It would be nice to have an upgrade option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have had our 369RL for a year now. After putting nearly 5000 miles on her over MANY trips, I can speak to quality. At least on our unit. With the exeption of a few MINOR issues, none of which were trip stoppers, the fit, finish and operational quality of our Solitude has been exceptional. When there was a problem, Grand Design always went above and beyond to take care of us. I applaud Grand Design not only for a superior product, but for their focus on customer satisfaction. Bravo!!
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

jaw3336
    We took delivery of our 379FL today and we were very happy with the final product.

The quality of this rig is way better than the 2 we looked at when I started this thread.

Glad we stuck with our order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the blinds my wife posted about them and got a call back from G.D. (Ryan i think). They said to put them the way you want them and then use spray starch on them. Worked great. I think i will try some velcro on the bedroom door (where the carpet meets the door). Don

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redram View Post
    As far as the blinds my wife posted about them and got a call back from G.D. (Ryan i think). They said to put them the way you want them and then use spray starch on them. Worked great. Don
    Don,

When you say "put them the way you want them and then use spray starch", after doing this, can you raise and lower them without the blinds buckling any longer.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes after spray starching and letting them sit for a day they work fine. Don

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip Don!

Lukeysh714
    Nothing is perfect. But our 369rl is as close as you can get. Also, the few minor things we found, GD is more than accommodating. What other manufacturer will have a VP respond to a call.

4RTHRPY
    We just took our new Reflection 303 on its maiden voage (4 days dry camping), and were very satisfied overall with the initial build quality and experience. The only thing that we experienced was a noisy water pump that seemed to run continuously unless you bled the air from the bathroom sink each time the water was used. I have already scheduled a service appointment to get this resolved. Can't wait to take it out again! Before being introduced to the Grand Design, I was looking at a few other FW brands that had trim falling off the ceiling on the dealer's lot. The quality of the Grand Design units appeared to be a step above.

Corey and Lisa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast