User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jaw3336

Dissapointing Quality

We just got back from looking at a new Solitude 369RL and we were very disappointed in some of the quality issues this unit had.

There was a bad spot where the graphics were installed incorrectly and you could stick your finger underneath the graphic. How long until that is a big problem?

The front cap had a bubble in it

There were several places inside the unit you could see big globs of putty.

Don't like the cheap widow shades.

We are starting to second guess our order.

Would love to get some other owners input. Thanks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dissapointing Quality

I'd say you should just wait until yours comes in.

We've been to 4 dealers, all of which had a 369RL in stock and they were perfect to say the least. One had a squeak in the floor, but the unit hadn't been leveled, so I attribute it to that.

Putty, while unfortunate, is a huge RV industry struggle. It comes clean with a hot water, vinegar mixture.

Decals can be replaced. Maybe it was just a bad decal, not improperly installed. I know GD well enough to know it wouldn't have left the factory like that.

I don't know what you mean by cheap window shades...what would you do to change them?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a 369RL and it also had a bubble in the front cap. Not sure why but the dealer repaired it no problem. I agree 100% about the shades, they rarely go up or down without buckling. They can be very frustrating at times. So I too am very disappointed with them and will be replacing them as soon as we can afford it. Hopefully GD will rethink them for future models.

With that said, our Solitude isn't perfect, but it is totally awesome! When we are sitting in front of the tv and fireplace with a glass of wine .... Pretty near perfection! Plus, I don't know if you would ever find a better company than Grand Design ... They are totally invested in their product and customers.

Don't second guess .. You will love it! Read what others have to say and you'll know you made the right decision! Good luck!
    Jeff & Cathy K - Dayton, NV
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK #TBD
    2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD 4x4 SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[quote author=Jeff & Cathy K link=topic=529.msg3809#msg3809 date=1394927434]
    With that said, our Solitude isn't perfect, but it is totally awesome! When we are sitting in front of the tv and fireplace with a glass of wine .... Pretty near perfection! Plus, I don't know if you would ever find a better company than Grand Design ... They are totally invested in their product and customers.
    [/quote]

We agree 100%

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of shades would you all recommend?

Day/night pleated shades do the same thing, the only other options are blinds (who wants to listen to those klinking all the time?) or the expensive MCD roller shades like the motorhomes use. Are you willing to pay an extra $2000 for window shades?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Ta4dice

We picked up our 379 FL yesterday. I was nervous about quality also, but it is amazing, i looked it over and could not find any quality issues. There will always be things you would like to see designed differently, I'm sure Grand Designed will take our input and change things in the future. We had a great experience with our dealer and absolutely love our new Solitude and I think you will too. No regrets here. Thanks, Tom

cuttinchief

I picked up our 379FL at the same place as Tom and his family yesterday as well and as Tom knows I spend considerable time looking over things.haha

I also had no big issues just what our dealer wanted folks to know that I put in my other comments. The sales staff was great but researching and being a part of this group helped a great bit.I had a couple issues but nothing crazy. Surprised by the space in the front compartment. I can carry my 6500is honda up there!!

Love the ability to pull water from a static source into my tank!! I had to show the dealer. lol

That drop frame is top of the line when you put two 10 in frames stacked on top of one another man that is huge.

I need to get something to keep the bedroom door open and I spoke on washer and dryers types along with recommendations for the closet locking when closed. Also there was no hig boy in the unit. They took off the two little drawers on top to allow the shelf to go all the way across. But all in all nice unit no complaints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    What kind of shades would you all recommend?
    I like and prefer the shades that are in the Solitudes. My previous RV's had mini-blinds. I hated those for many reasons.
    My friends have the day and night shades in their Columbus 295RL, and personally, I find them to look more cheaply made than the ones in the Solitude.

I did see wood blinds in an RV once...its was a Redwood. An $80k Redwood....
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just add my 2 cents. We have taken our new rig out twice, for a total of 10 days, and really like the feel and quality of the unit. We've tested every system and found only two issues. The sound system had two wires plugged into the RCA jacks and that took less than a minute it fix. The other was a tiny leak at the base of the shower enclosure. A small bead of caulking took less than a minute it fix. Cabinetry fits great. All the plumbing has been tight and works well. Heating, AC, electric fireplace/heater, slides, awning, lighting...well, you get the picture, has all been perfect. I expected the quality to be high. This is the fifth rig we have owned over the years and this is by far the best one we have owned. So far, it has exceeded our expectations. I agree that you should wait and see what your own rig looks like when it arrives. Good luck and happy travels!

jaw3336
    I appreciate all the input so far. We are felling much better about the order and are looking forward to delivery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast