Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member, Looking at New and Used.

Hello everyone,
    Greetings from Pittsburgh, PA. Wife and I are looking at an outside kitchen couples 5th wheel with a washer hookup. So far, I'm liking the 320mks the best but I'm liking the price of a used 317 better. I have fixed and flipped several 5th wheels including filon replacement and more. I had a Heartland Sundance as my last unit and sold in the summer to get ready for a new rig in the spring. I have been looking at cougars as well as jayco eagles and an elkridge. The only issue I see with the reflections is the lack of an 8 lug axle. I feel these are pushing the limits of 6 lug weights across most of the line-up.
    Anyway, thanks for having me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with your search. I am not familiar with the Grand Design models you are considering but agree with you on the 8 on 6.5 lug setup being better on these rigs. We have the largest Reflection with the 6 on 5.5 setup, however, when we were heading out for a Spring Break trip to Florida this March I went to the nearby CAT Scales and weighed with only around 10,500 on the trailer axles. With that said I feel comfortable with the setup on the two 7K axles. Needless to say we were within 500 lbs on the rear axle weight rating for the truck with pin weight so we obviously have a ton of “stuff” in our basement area. These fifth wheels with all the basement storage capacity are easy to load up heavy. On another note, I did go past our dealer yesterday and noticed they had a 2018 367BHS (our 367 is a 2017) and it had Dexter axles with 8 on 6.5. Seems Grand Design may be coming around on this item but if you are looking for a pre-owned unit you are almost certain to get the 6 on 5.5. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I am glad to see you aren't closer on the axle limits, gives you a little room.