Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

low voltage reading on auto leveling system

I have a 2018 29RS I brought home a few weeks ago. It is parked in our drive still hooked to the truck without the cable hooked to the truck. There is no external power going to the camper. I went to unhook it and level it to get inside. Unhooking no problem but during the auto leveling procedure I got a low voltage reading on the auto leveling black box. The procedure didn't finish, at least I don't think it did but not sure. What might cause the battery in the front of the trailer to lose voltage while sitting hooked to the truck? Diane thinks she turned every thing off but who knows. I'm now charging the battery and will see how it goes. Does the camper battery lose voltage just by being parked with no outside power attached? Thanks for what you know.
    Mike & Diane

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some items draw voltage from battery even with the disconnect on. Co2 alarm is one. The battery needs to be almost fully charged for autolevel to work correctly. Had this happen ti me on a couple occasions. Had to hook the lights connection to the truck and let the truck run for a few minutes then i was able to complete the autolevel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1306 View Post
    I have a 2018 29RS I brought home a few weeks ago. It is parked in our drive still hooked to the truck without the cable hooked to the truck. There is no external power going to the camper. I went to unhook it and level it to get inside. Unhooking no problem but during the auto leveling procedure I got a low voltage reading on the auto leveling black box. The procedure didn't finish, at least I don't think it did but not sure. What might cause the battery in the front of the trailer to lose voltage while sitting hooked to the truck? Diane thinks she turned every thing off but who knows. I'm now charging the battery and will see how it goes. Does the camper battery lose voltage just by being parked with no outside power attached? Thanks for what you know.
    Mike & Diane
    The battery provides current to a number of devices, whether it's connected to outside power (120 VAC or 12 VDC) or not. Most, but not all, are only disconnected if you turn the battery master switch to OFF.

To completely disconnect the battery from all loads, you need to remove at least one of the leads at the battery itself... Removing the negative lead is the safest.

I don't have auto-leveling, but I never run either the jacks or the slides unless I'm connected either to shore power or to the truck (with the truck running).

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]