Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireplace problem

anyone get their new one yet? It has been 2 weeks and i was hoping it would be in by now. I took out the old one just for giggles but put it back in for now. Wanted to be ready.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim--I too have one on order for my 2018 303RLS. It was ordered by dealer on 11-17 and still no word as to when it will be shipped. Was told by GD it would only take 7-10 days to ship a new one to dealer. I asked if i could install new one as the shop time is to long for me to wait. Not sure if they will let me do the work or not. My problem was that it would not stay on. After a few minutes it would default to the red blinking light that thinks there is something in front of it too close and shut off the heat. I was in Costco today and saw a wall mount electric fireplace (very similar) for $99.00. Was tempted to get it to have a spare. How was it taking it off the inset? I here it is only four screws. Good Luck

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 of the 4 screws were actually angled and easy to get a screwdriver on. The other 2 I was able to just use the removable tip and turn them out that way. Looks like the 2 angled ones were redrilled for the angle. Glass then lifts up and out. Revealing 4 screws holding fireplace in place.

Not happy that it is 2.5 weeks and nothing yet! Been driveway camping and setting everything up, would be nice to not use propane.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the word, my replacement has arrived. Will pick it up tomorrow. Just took out the old one and loaded into truck.....will report back how it went.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    asked the dealer to test new one out. worked as it should, but, logs damaged! Another on order! really hope it is not another 3 weeks.....crazy. Something so simple takes so long......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim--My replacement fireplace arrived on 12/7. Picked up and took home. Plugged in and the remote would not operate unit. Returned to dealer and took back old remote and it worked fine. Tried to use the control switches on front and the only one that would work is the on/off. The others do nothing. So--they are ordering me another one. Then I tried to take the glass off and it would not budge. The right side came loose but the left side is stuck. Will return to dealer so tech can get it off as I was afraid I would break the glass. Seems everyone at dealer doesn't think much of the Furrion fireplace. Maybe we should just put a $20.00 heater in fireplace area and get a CD to play fire scenes on the TV. HA. Has anyone else had trouble with their fireplaces??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fireplace works, but no heat. GD is shipping me a new one under warranty.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the measurements of the fireplace and shop online. Their's all kinds with a wide amount of prices.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My replacement fireplace arrived, worked but apparenty the logs were broken.....dealer caught that before i drove out there. next one arrived at my house in 3 days, took pics of how it arrived, video of unboxing and trying it out in my garage before putting it in. All worked well.....although i did have a scare the next day. It was cold and snowing so put on fireplace and was messing with the settings to figure things out....don't know what happened but ended up with an error 88 code....overheat....what? gave it a few minutes, turned off at breaker, turned back on and had it running for 6 hours while i was enjoying watching the 7" fall outside. Took my Roku out, was able to stream shows off Plex, and Pandora as well as Netflix....never missed a beat. Hoping the 88 was a fluke.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My BRAND NEW 2018 328M Titan Flame fireplace failed after the first hour of use. Now it just looks pretty but NO heat! All the controls work, all the lights and indicators work, no error codes, but NO heat, but it sure looks pretty! I CAN hear the fan running at a very very slow speed inside the unit, but NO heat - sure looks pretty though! Currently using a small plug in electric for those cold nights, but the fireplace SURE LOOKS PRETTY!! Calling GD tomorrow AM.
    John & April, Silverdale, WA
    2018 Grand Design 328M Toy Hauler
    2016 FORD F-350 SD, Lariat pkg., Dually, Diesel, 4x4, Crew Cab
    2014 Harley Davidson CVO Ultra Limited
    2010 Eagle Cap 995 slide in camper w/tow behind trailer