Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally made a decision

Hey everyone

After a long time looking I think we have narrowed it down to the Reflection 150 Series 295RL. Is there anything we should consider before going with something from the 150 series? I do have a f250 diesel so it is not an issue to tow a larger size trailer. We just happen to like the layout and size of the 295.

Just so you know we were also considering the reflection 327 and 303 but the 303 shower being the radius one kind of turned us off to it.

So any feedback would be greatly appreciated before we take the plunge.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! After seeing your post, I went to the GDRV page and checked out the 295 since I wasn't very familiar with it. That is a nice floorplan while still keeping the weight very manageable. Enjoy that new rig.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Welcome to the forum! After seeing your post, I went to the GDRV page and checked out the 295 since I wasn't very familiar with it. That is a nice floorplan while still keeping the weight very manageable. Enjoy that new rig.

Jim
    Thanks!

I am more wondering about if to make it lighter they skimped on construction quality, although it looks like they just left out some overhead cabinets. I cant tell where all the weight got saved and it makes me a little nervous lol

Edit: Sorry i just found in another post about the countertops and most of the weight savings are on all models except the 295 with the smaller 6" ibeams. where the 295 uses the 8" like the regular reflections.

The other difference is they use "through frame slides" instead of schwintek ----- Anyone know what the difference is?
    Last edited by grandliving; 12-02-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comparing to the 303 it looks like the 295 has a single awning vs two, slightly smaller tanks, overall height is slightly less. Possibly lighter axles, tires and wheels? Just guessing from the GVWR of 9995lbs minus hitch weight could be using 4500 lb axles.

I think you made an excellent choice and have nothing to worry about. If this 5er was available a year ago I'd have been looking at it closely.
    Yer gonna love it!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Comparing to the 303 it looks like the 295 has a single awning vs two, slightly smaller tanks, overall height is slightly less. Possibly lighter axles, tires and wheels? Just guessing from the GVWR of 9995lbs minus hitch weight could be using 4500 lb axles.

I think you made an excellent choice and have nothing to worry about. If this 5er was available a year ago I'd have been looking at it closely.
    Yer gonna love it!
    Thank!

Seems like they are 5100 dexter axles only in this 295, the other 150 series are using 4400 dexters

and it looks like that slide difference saves weight? but do you know the difference between "through frame slides" instead of schwintek?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the 295 is very similar to where the 303 started before it began gaining weight with the second awning, auto levelling system and bigger fridge. The main difference from the 303 is the bathroom layout and the 295 does not have a closet slide in the bedroom.

The "through frame" slides are the standard Lippert rack and pinion slide mechanism used on many (most) Reflection main slides and capable of moving a larger slide than the lighter weight Schwintek mechanisms used on the 150 series (and the bedroom closet slide of the 303)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    Thank!

Seems like they are 5100 dexter axles only in this 295, the other 150 series are using 4400 dexters

and it looks like that slide difference saves weight? but do you know the difference between "through frame slides" instead of schwintek?
    My 297RSTS has the same style of slides. I actually prefer them over the Schwintek slides. They are easier to adjust, and if any component fails in the future, it's rather easy to repair. Plus since they only have one motor, it's impossible for them to get out of sync like a Schwintek.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    It looks like the 295 is very similar to where the 303 started before it began gaining weight with the second awning, auto levelling system and bigger fridge. The main difference from the 303 is the bathroom layout and the 295 does not have a closet slide in the bedroom.

The "through frame" slides are the standard Lippert rack and pinion slide mechanism used on many (most) Reflection main slides and capable of moving a larger slide than the lighter weight Schwintek mechanisms used on the 150 series (and the bedroom closet slide of the 303)

Rob
    Wait I thought the 150 series uses the regular type and not the schwintek?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    Wait I thought the 150 series uses the regular type and not the schwintek?
    I "thought" the smaller 150 Series used more of the Schwintek design . . . but I could be wrong. In general, small slides are Schwintek and heavier slides are the under-slide through frame design. Either will work just fine as long as they are properly matched to the weight of the slide.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I "thought" the smaller 150 Series used more of the Schwintek design . . . but I could be wrong. In general, small slides are Schwintek and heavier slides are the under-slide through frame design. Either will work just fine as long as they are properly matched to the weight of the slide.

Rob
    Got ya

I am just reading lots of horror stories about the schwintek motors getting out of sync

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast