User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Shakedown Cruise

Well, we finally took our 303 out for its maiden trip, a four days shakedown to a small lake about 35 miles from home by the name of McSwain. In less than 1 mile from home a guy ran a stop sign and almost ended our happy voyage, but there was no harm done. We had a great pull-through spot with a small view of the lake. The set-up went without a hitch, I had made a checklist and it worked perfect. We had been purchasing all the accessories we thought we would need from Amazon, the only item I didn't have was a stinky slinky, this was because I read on another forum that they were not necessary. Well let me tell you sxxx doesn't flow uphill "ever". After getting all set up we started to try out all the various systems, I am pleased to report that everything worked flawlessly. We then began looking for fit and finish items and could not find anything to complain about. Having done all of we decided that our decision to buy GD was sound and we planned the rest of our short trip. We received numerous great compliments on our 303 and we will continue to recommend Grand Design.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad your shakedown went well. Even more glad that the stop sign runner did't end your trip or cause damage.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whew Boomer, glad y'all ended up with a safe trip. And I'm adding a stinky slinky to my list too!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are currently making our reservations for a trip to WA for the tulip festival. We will be driving up the OR coast and stopping in Charleston for one night, sounds like a great place.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad all went well. We've had our 303 out twice, for a total of 10 days, and had a similar experience. This is our first 5th wheel and I can't believe how much easier it is to maneuver this rig compared to trailers we have towed in the past. We had a couple of very minor issues, which I took care of myself but we have been very pleased with the overall quality of the Grand Design product. Happy travels and we'll see you on the forum again!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it all went well and you didn't get the abrupt end. We're still chomping at the bit to go out on our fist run with our 303. I keep hoping any day spring will really be here.

Marcy
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad your shakedown went well. I took delivery of my Reflection in Arizona on February 10th, (44 days ago). It is my RV of any type. I had my personal items with me in my truck and immediately started my "shakedown cruise" and I am still on it! I am taking the long way home to Montana and should arrive in late June or early July. Next week, Grand Designs made arrangements with an RV dealer close to my current location here in Arizona, to repair a few items. One electrical socket miss-wired (behind the recliner), the second Gray tank "pull-valve" will not come out all the way and it doesn't seem to empty completely. Additionally, superficial blemishes, including the dining table rubbing on the kitchen island when the slide is closed. In all I am happy with the solid construction and my purchase in general.
    Gary
    Hamilton, Montana
    2014 Grand Designs Reflection 293RES #0477
    2013 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel

AmandaEthan
    Glad the trip went well! We get lots of compliments on our 303 too!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great news! Glad you didn't have to experience the body shop. When we were picking up our 337 on Monday, a guy was dropping his off after the first trip he took. He pulled into a gas station and hit a pole on the driver's side by turning too soon. The tore off most of the cargo door and part of the side panel. It looked like some pretty serious damage. I felt sick for him.