User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 imagine 2950Rl slide out clicking noise

Just parked my 2018 Imagine 2950Rl at storage home. Ran both slides,kitchen went real smooth until it stopped,held button for a few seconds no problem. Ran opposite slide, slide moved freely until fully opened held button for a few seconds but this time heard clicking noise, is this normal? Kitchen slide came to a smooth stop. New to this Forum so any thoughts are greatly appreciated. The clicking noise was only heard after slide was fully extended and while button was pushed. Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it has the rack system under the slide, then yes this is normal. It is a clutch that is meant to slip when fully retracted or extended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Huey
    Ky
    2015 29RS
    2008 2500HD Chevrolet Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the reply, I didn’t want to worry about this all winter, is there a reason the kitchen slide is a smoother ?operation then the living side at its end travel? Or is just designed like that.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s always a good idea to make sure that your slide is properly lubricated. Your owners manual will tell you what materials to use and how to do it

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slide system is most likely different on the two slides.

Huey
    Ky
    2015 29RS
    2008 2500HD Chevrolet Duramax

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your kitchen slide is a Schwintek, your other slide is a Lippert through frame gear driven unit. The Schwintek uses two motors, one on either side of the slide, that need to be synchronized. Always hold the button down for 3 seconds or so after the slide is fully in or out. This will keep the motors synchronized. Do not run the slide partway out or in.

Your other slide operates using a single motor under the coach and drives the slide with gears and shafts. Let go of the button as soon as the slide is all the way in or out. The clicking sound, as mentioned above, is a clutch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much

I would like to thank all of you who replied to my post , I will look into all of your comments with sincere consideration and know I’m getting the right information on my coach. Thanks again and can’t wait to enjoy this rig this coming spring in Mi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Your kitchen slide is a Schwintek, your other slide is a Lippert through frame gear driven unit. The Schwintek uses two motors, one on either side of the slide, that need to be synchronized. Always hold the button down for 3 seconds or so after the slide is fully in or out. This will keep the motors synchronized. Do not run the slide partway out or in.

Your other slide operates using a single motor under the coach and drives the slide with gears and shafts. Let go of the button as soon as the slide is all the way in or out. The clicking sound, as mentioned above, is a clutch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone on this site for your informative insights dealing with individual problems. Keep up the good work