User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notsosan View Post
    It helps some but the issue of whether they can be equalized is more important than their capacities. The tanks may have a total 75 gal capacity but in reality, the unit's grey water capacity is reached when the first tank is full.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. If the two gray are not tied together, the gray tank 1 will have 43+ gal when you see standing water in the shower base. The gray tank 2 will have 32+ gal when you have standing water in the sink or coming out the vent.

If the 2 tanks were physically tied together you may not get 75 gal total capacity IMO.

We seldom camp with hook-ups other than electrical and have a 25 gal portable tote. We both shower in the camper and will have to empty the gray tank every 4-5 days and the galley tank about 8-10 days...we should be able to go close to 14 days before the black tank is full. Of course if you camp with full hook-ups, none of this matters.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. If the two gray are not tied together, the gray tank 1 will have 43+ gal when you see standing water in the shower base. The gray tank 2 will have 32+ gal when you have standing water in the sink or coming out the vent.

If the 2 tanks were physically tied together you may not get 75 gal total capacity IMO.

We seldom camp with hook-ups other than electrical and have a 25 gal portable tote. We both shower in the camper and will have to empty the gray tank every 4-5 days and the galley tank about 8-10 days...we should be able to go close to 14 days before the black tank is full. Of course if you camp with full hook-ups, none of this matters.

Dave

I understand what happens when a grey water tank is full. Seen it many times.

We like to do a lot of dry camping. All our provincial parks have no hookups. Many of the State park sites in Wa and Oregon that we like are power and water only, so grey water is the limiting factor as to how long we can stay without dumping. In these cases we use the park's showers whenever possible and probably 80% of our grey water comes from the kitchen. The 32 gal tank for the kitchen is the worst possible combination. I do not want to carry a tote and have to haul it to a dump every second or third day. At first, we thought great, a 50% increase in grey water capacity but now it looks like we might be worse off than we are with our present single 48 gal grey water tank.

If the tanks were the same height and mounted on the same level they should equalize if tied together. That is why getting this information is so important.

This is a big deal to us. One of the selling features was the supposed 75 gal grey water capacity. Nowhere in GD's literature or on its website do they say this is a total of two tanks. I am kicking myself for not picking up on this before we put down a deposit and ordered but I also think GD is guilty of misleading advertising by not publishing the individual tank capacities. At this point I am not a happy camper and would like some answers.
    Last edited by notsosan; 03-26-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Dave and Monica,

On your specific 2014 Reflection 337 RLS (#129), the 43 gallon grey tank sits next to the black tank below the front pass-through storage area. The 32 gallon grey tank sites just forward of the kitchen island.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your situation is probably the opposite of most people.

Most would want the larger tank for the shower/bathroom.

How do you use so much water in the kitchen tank? 3-4 days through the sink would be a huge amount.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

cuttinchief
    I got a 43 gal. Water dolly to carry my bad water to the dump station with my hitch that most have in parks. I bought a 45 gal potable water bladder to refill my fresh if needed. So far no problems since I dry camp a lot also chasing races.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Your situation is probably the opposite of most people.

Most would want the larger tank for the shower/bathroom.

How do you use so much water in the kitchen tank? 3-4 days through the sink would be a huge amount.
    Not our experience.

A kitchen sink holds far more than a bathroom. There are often options when it comes to showers but not for the kitchen. All the comments I have seen so far indicate the kitchen tank fills long before the bathroom.

Janice's last reply seems to indicate they are both located between the frame members which would mean they are at the same level. If so, it should be possible to equalize them using the dump system. Waiting for more clarification from GD. Have sent two emails to GD and asked the dealer for specifics. Nothing yet.

Not interested in carrying and emptying a tote, would much rather bring my inflatable boat and motor.
    Last edited by notsosan; 03-26-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's plain to see that everyone has their own method of doing things! I needed to know the tank sizes so we could make proper adjustments if or when we were dry camping. I don't believe we were ever misled by GD or our dealer about any part of our RV. 43 + 32 always equals 75 in my book regardless of how it is distributed. But once we do know how it is allocated we can plan as to the accordingly.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

AmandaEthan
    I agree everyone has their own way of doing things. The grey water tanks being different sizes is definitely not a deal breaker for me! I love our camper. It is just helpful to know the tank sizes so we can prepare. I don't think we would normally have a problem with the kitchen filing up faster but I have a little one right now and do several loads of bottles over a few days. Thanks GD for clearing up the tank size question for us!

cuttinchief
    I think a solution would be to create a sipion from one tank to the other once it fill. This is really a tech issue and recommendation. Let me know if someone wants to know how to do this .

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    It's plain to see that everyone has their own method of doing things! I needed to know the tank sizes so we could make proper adjustments if or when we were dry camping. I don't believe we were ever misled by GD or our dealer about any part of our RV. 43 + 32 always equals 75 in my book regardless of how it is distributed. But once we do know how it is allocated we can plan as to the accordingly.
    Boomer

I don't really care about the total tank capacity, I need to know the useable capacity. If I have to dump with one tank still half empty, that is not usable capacity. It seems to be an issue for you as well because you are inquiring about the individual tank capacities so you can plan around it. Like me, it seems you thought you had 75 gal grey capacity but in fact are having to work around one 32 gal tank. This may not be an issue for you and you may not think it misleading. It is for me and I do.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast