Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be pulling with truck in my signature. I am picking it up Friday. I have a ? For 303 owners.
    Will I need air bags? How much sag would warrant them. My previous 5er was a ultra lite and it barely moved when hooked up.
    Paul & Debbie
    2015 303RLS. #679 16” tires 2” lift
    2018 F350 SRW CCSB 4x4 6.7 Diesel 3.55 B&W Std Hitch

Sold 5/18. 2005 GMC 2500 HD Crew Cab short bed Duramax,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled my 337 with a 08 Silverado 2500HD CC. That truck has air bags, but sets lower than my new truck in the rear. My trailer squats this truck 2" when hooked up, I am still 1" higher in the back. All that said, my trailer is a little nose high now, if I leveled my truck I would be 2" higher in the front. My bed has 8" clearance, I believe you need that for dips, and rolls in the campgrounds, my truck bed will get close at times with 8". My point is, sometimes these high in the rear trucks must be able to squat with a load to keep the trailer as level as you can. This new truck is about 3" Higher in the rear than my 08, I assume your truck sets close to what my 08 does.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our tow vehicle is a 2002 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax, Trailer is 303 and we have zero problems pulling it Truck only drops about 2.5 inches. Pulled long 6% grade and 50mph was the lowest speed we hit.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the Air Ride suspensions do not increase your weight carrying capability. They just level the load and take it back up to stock height. Sounds as if other drivers on the road won't be flashing you for bright lighting them. But the best thing is slight improvement in handling and possibly hard braking with air bags on the back.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to say the back only dropped an extra 3/4" from the old fifth. Truck pulled just fine with the extra 2000# weight. I got around 11.5 mpg too. I think the truck rides even smoother to boot. So far happy the way it tows.
    Paul & Debbie
    2015 303RLS. #679 16” tires 2” lift
    2018 F350 SRW CCSB 4x4 6.7 Diesel 3.55 B&W Std Hitch

Sold 5/18. 2005 GMC 2500 HD Crew Cab short bed Duramax,

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull our 303 with a 04 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 crew cab Cummins with an Edge power box. Pulls great, even in the mountains. Fuel mileage is between 11 and 12 mpg at between 70 and 75 mph.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not tired, just retired View Post
    We pull our 303 with a 04 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 crew cab Cummins with an Edge power box. Pulls great, even in the mountains. Fuel mileage is between 11 and 12 mpg at between 70 and 75 mph.
    You really need to slow down, those tires (unless you have upgraded from ST's) are only rated to 65 MPH. There is no way I would tow that fast with China made tires on my trailer (ST or LT, if made in China) I would slow down. I used to tow at your speeds, but after blowing out one, I learned to slow down. Trips I usually take now last about an hour longer, but don't have to worry about the tires. By the way, the blow out was on an LT tire, but it was 6 years old at the time. I replaced all of them shortly afterwards.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with you. I did notice that they were rated at 65 mph. I do normally try to hold it at 65, not only for the tires sake, but for fuel mileage. However, I pushed it a little on this trip because we got a very late start and would have arrived after dark which would have been a nightmare backing it in the site.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My trips are always on a timeline, reason for my excessive speed. I don't line to arrive after dark, but often do. I have just gotten used to taking longer (since blowout), but don't like it. I backed into a site one time after nightfall, took almost 30 minutes to get it just as I liked it, even though I had my wife, son-in-law, daughter, granddaughter all assisting me and giving me advice. Only thing they did not give me was enough light so I could see where the trailer was going, hence the 30 minutes.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, sounds like lots of help backing in. The way I looked it, if these new tires won't hold up now, what are they going to do a few short years from now. I've been lucky in the past with my old 5er, twice I've had the entire tread peel off showing only the cords left, but due to my frequent stops for my wife's pea size bladder, I caught the problem prior to a blow-out. I was able to call my roadside assistance and have them changed. I had one guy that came out say, "its not flat", joking. I told him to turn away for a minute and it would be flat when he turned back around. He laughed and changed it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast